Be VERY Careful! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Be VERY Careful!

Network driver installed from W2k3 Server, so that isn't a problem. It seems pretty nice on a 2.66ghz P-4. At least my comments may lead them to get sound out of your computer using the new OS.
    It's silly to have to do without sound. I depend on it when I work.

If you are not willing to deal with a few bumps in the road then you should not download or use beta software. The fact that you blame Microsoft for purposely destroying your hardware makes me question your credibility as a tech.
    In which case I question your reading comprehension skills.

I said nothing about purposely. What happened is what happened. I really don't care about the sound card, since I did this on my office machine.

My point is simply that this OS has a long way to go before it is ready for the public.

I suspect that we will all make considerable money because Microsoft has a proven track record of not getting it right the first time.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Ok fine then I will tell it like it is
    Saying vista downloaded a firmware and trashed yer sound card is total bs.

You need to get a life, man. I think you take yourself a bit too seriously.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy
    Ok fine then I will tell it like it is
    Saying vista downloaded a firmware and trashed yer sound card is total bs.

You need to get a life, man. I think you take yourself a bit too seriously.
    Beta.

Regardless, it didnt do anything to your soundcard. I have likewise installed Vista 32 bit & 64 bit on several machines now... a few with Creative sound cards. No problem.

In fact, as long as it is a decent system, Vista Beta 2 runs a hell of a lot better then XP's various Betas did.
    If its not broke, then upgrade anyways!

Who ever said computers were logical?

I installed Windows Vista Beta 2 Yesterday, and it does look nice. On the other hand, it seems to have tried to update the Firmware on my SoundBlaster Live 24 Bit sound card, and now it is undetectable by my machine.

Get a life?
    Wasnt me that made that ridiculous statement
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

In which case I question your reading comprehension skills.

I said nothing about purposely. What happened is what happened. I really don't care about the sound card, since I did this on my office machine.

My point is simply that this OS has a long way to go before it is ready for the public.

I suspect that we will all make considerable money because Microsoft has a proven track record of not getting it right the first time.

My reading comprehension skills are just fine. You made an assumption that MS upgraded the firmware on a sound card, which is just plain ridiculous I might add and I took that as you were blaming your problem on microsoft.

I have now installed this beta 2 on 7 total computers. Did two more yesterday. Some of them are OEM Dell computers and a few are custom built ones. I have been able to find drivers for every piece of hardware contained in the computer and the operating system seems to run fine. I am testing this on a large network of 3000+ computers and so far have not run into any problems with the 64bit or 32bit versions. I have a some more applications and scenerios to test out with this, but so far so good.

I think you need to know the difference between beta and release candidate (RC). When this OS reaches RC1 (probably late summer) then you will see a closer look to what the final product will be like, but until then it is just a beta.

And just for reference Microsoft does not upgrade BIOS's or Firmware. That can only be done from the hardware manufacturer. The only thing Microsoft will supply is basic driver support for devices. As a tech you should know that.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

That's the ticket - The Vista drivers are fine for my soundcard. Vista just upgraded the firmware on it, which trashed it. But it's fine when I swap disks and run XP again.

Sure it is!

Talking

I use a USB keyboard and mouse connected through the powered hub on my gateway monitor
    I installed Vista beta 2 and was enjoying it, Well except for all the security stuff getting in my face, I just turned it all off , Then I went to windows update and updated a driver, the system promptly crashed to a black screen with a blinking curser, Yip good ole beta software
    I hit the reset button understanding this is a beta version, and I got the error " Keyboard not detected "
    I went to bed and slept through the thunderstorm going on outside , next morning I tried to boot up and got the same error
    My solution was to unplug the PC from the power cord and hit the power button to drain the caps on the board
    I plugged her back in and away she went, No errors , It seems that Vista sets some registers in the chipset "funny" and a completer power loss to the mother board clears things up, I have had this issue using SUSE Linux
    I think Tek should give that a try on his system
    Another thing I get in Vista is a performance warning on Creative's XFI driver, And it is a beta driver as well, Yip beta is fun
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

Personally I think that someone posting this thread to give advanced warning of a "possible" problem should be applauded, not sh4t on.

Tekboy was right, some of you really are taking yourselves too seriously, and remember, the first people who talked about spyware were laughed at too.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Play nicely please guys. Tekboy did say:
    I suppose there is room for another explanation
    We're a help site not a fight site after all...

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus
    Play nicely please guys. Tekboy did say:

We're a help site not a fight site after all...
    Very good point Platypus.Probably the best one in this post/string.