Nvidia Geforce 6600LE 256MB AGP Problem!

Thread: Nvidia Geforce 6600LE 256MB AGP Problem!

Threaded View

Exclamation Nvidia Geforce 6600LE 256MB AGP Problem!

I am trying to put this card into my Biostar M7MIA Motherboard, CPU is Athlon XP and I'm running windows XP and 1 gig of ram. I have done everything correctly as far as uninstalling old drivers/devices. I installed my new video Card and booted up my PC. The card works fine and Windows XP uses a default VGA/AGP driver. However when I try to install the drivers that came with it, or the drivers from Nvidia.com, halfway through the driver installation process my screen flickers once or twice then blacks out except for a blinking "_" symbol in the upper left hand corner. I manually turn my PC off and back on, everything is displayed correctly until it begins loading Windows XP. When normally it would bring me to the Welcome/Login screen for windows XP the screen blacks out again, and I see 5-6 pixels lite up in the upper left corner where the "_" was befor. I let it sit here for a few hours hoping it would do something while I took a nap . I woke up, and it had not changed. So I restarted my pc, and it did the same thing again. After restarting again, it gives me the options of booting up in safe mode or using the last known good configuration. I can boot up in safe mode, or by choosing to use the default VGA/AGP driver.

After going through the process a few times, I decide to mess around with older versions of drivers from nvidia.com and nothing works. I updated the AMD AGP drivers for my motherboard, and tried installing again, still didn't work. I tried messing with my bios setting turning FastWrite and other features on and off.

I see no reason why this card should not work with my PC, but maybe you do. Any help would be greatly appriciated! Thanks in advance.

Dustin Kelly
    Last edited by cix; June 18th, 2006 at 10:13 AM.