Will dual core cpu work?

Thread: Will dual core cpu work?

Will dual core cpu work?

Hi peeps, I have a ECS RS400-A motherboard and its great. I wish to replace my CPU but keep the motherboard will this board take a dual core cpu?

The CPU Support Chart does not list support for dual core CPU's. http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Product...=CPU%20Support

So I would have to say no, but I would email ECS and ask their tech support. Maybe they can give you an answer
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

check their product website, they may have a bios update to support dual core processors.

ok peeps thanks for the input, ok I fitted the cpu a pentium D 805 and the post screen and windows both detect a second CPU - however my PC has become a little tempremental it wont always boot first time, I.E I have to hit reset a couple of times to get it to post and I have had to remove my pci sound card as when listenening to MP3's it was freezing my machine and stuttering the last part to play indefinatley? I looked for a bios update but I have the most up to date bios already. any ideas? dose anybody know of any hacked or third party bios to support this CPU?

I don't think you'll do yourself any favours with hacked or third party BIOS code, have you flashed your chip with the latest available code from ECS ?

I tried a windows reintall both repair and a total fresh install to no avail... I have put ny old cpu back in for now and all is good. I think I will need to buy a new motherboard to go with this cpu more bloody expense !!! so I ask one more time if anybody knows how to make a dual core cpu work on my motherboard please step right up?

your mobo supports celeron d not pentium dual core, you will need a new motherboard, asus is best
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Thanks for the input, but I blew my budget on the cpu and cant afford a new motherboard... I really need to make this work or else the cpu is going on ebay. Any ideas? I can solder so if there is any mods that can be done I am more than capable.

I have looked on ebay... I really dont have anymore money... Surely if the peice of **** picks up the 2 cores it should ****ing work? There has to be a work around come guys I am pulling my hair out here !!!! I have emailed ECS and they just dont seem to care!

Quote Originally Posted by Lips2001Ad
    I have looked on ebay... I really dont have anymore money... Surely if the peice of **** picks up the 2 cores it should ****ing work? There has to be a work around come guys I am pulling my hair out here !!!! I have emailed ECS and they just dont seem to care!
    There are different core steppings, designs and models. your board may support some but not others, causing the very problem you describe.

Additionaly, ECS is not know for high-quality boards. There may not be a "feasible" work-around other then getting a solid motherboard that is designed to support the processor you have.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans