Toshiba No Active Mixer device ( no Sound)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toshiba No Active Mixer device ( no Sound)

I abviousley have a sound problem, Im am pretty sure it is a driver but I can not locate the driver and I dont have the installation CD. I have a laptop it is a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 series. I am running windows XP. If you need to know the type of motherboard I have you will need to let me know how to find out that info.

Thanks, In advance

Start here and click a bit, see what they offer:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.c...=TRO00000031b6

The Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 driver download page has a driver for Windows 2000. There's a sporting chance that this will work on XP as well.
    I think I know just enough to know how much I don't know... I think...

Welcome to Windrivers Sadie.

Follow this link, you should be able to scroll through the list to download the driver you need.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ceghdgngdgnn.0

I was about 8 mins. too slow on that reply....

Unhappy Toshiba No Active Mixer device ( no Sound)

Well I have tried those drivers but I still don't have any sound are there any more ideas? The computer came with windows 2000 but was upgraded to XP, and the sound did work for a while then just crapped out.

Toshiba Satalie Pro 4340
    Pentium 3

Well still no luck, it still says that there is no audio device and I am unable to adjust anything. I have tried the DS XG driver,AC XG driver, for xp and windows 2000. I actually tried like 10 variants of them from different site, and all with the same result (nutin). So mabey their is a bigger problem than I thought. Does anyone have any other ideas?

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    I think you need to go to the below site download and run Everest to see exactly what motherboard sound etc. is on your laptop.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

For the heck of it...before you try street1 suggestion, a good one, try going into Device Manager and deleting the the item under Sound,video and game controlers and after a restart, try reloading the drivers.

Thumbs up

Hello shamus,

Hope your 4th of July holiday went well.

OK, I will try it after work and let you know how it goes.

Thanks alot.

OK, i tried to uninstall and reinstall, but still had the same results. I ran the everest program and it says that the motherboard ID is <DMI> and the name is Toshiba Satellite Pro 4340. So where can I go to find a driver for that board?

Last edited by street1; July 5th, 2006 at 03:46 PM.

Well i downloaded the SIS 7012 drivers but there is still no sound. It says that everything is working properly but when i go to the volume tab it still says that there is no audio device..

I thought i would give my hijack file to see if anyone sees anything.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 6:02:11 PM, on 05/07/2006
    Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\BulletProofSoft.com\BPS Spyware & Adware Remover\SpyRem.exe
    C:\downloads\HijackThis.exe
    C:\Program Files\BulletProofSoft.com\BPS Spyware & Adware Remover\liveupdate.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ca.red.clientapps.yahoo.com/c...search/ie.html
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.sympatico.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ca.red.clientapps.yahoo.com/c...search/ie.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://ca.red.clientapps.yahoo.com/c.../www.yahoo.com
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Userinit.exe
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bulletproofsoft.com\bps spyware & adware remover\apptoport.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bulletproofsoft.com\bps spyware & adware remover\apptoport.dll
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...?1146516355738
    O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...?1146702565792
    O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Internet Security Password Validation (ccISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\comHost.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
    O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe