help!! BIOS is not installed!!

Thread: help!! BIOS is not installed!!

help!! BIOS is not installed!!

i wounder if anyone can help me? i'm not a computer buff, so please give me simple steps to follow!!

basically when i turn my machine on, this is what comes up: MBUItra 133 (PDC20276) BIOS is not installed because there are no drivers attached.

more info:
    windows xp, AMD Athlon (TM) XP1700+, 1.47 Ghz, 512 RAM.

GA-&VAXP, REV:1.1

BIOS ver 2.20.1020.13

i'm not sure if i will need some sort of installation, please help with any information. thanks

Welcome to WinDrivers, starlight.

I suspect the error you're seeing might say "BIOS is not installed because there are no drives attached."

It looks like your motherboard's Promise RAID controller has become enabled, whereas in the past it was disabled, as there are no drives connected to form a RAID array.

If you press the Esc key to enter the BIOS setup when the prompt appears on the screen while the computer is starting, you will find an option to disable the Promise RAID. I think that should solve your problem.

Hi,

I am having the same problem with my computer. I have the same motherboard (GA-7VXPR, Rev 1.1) and I ve just upgrated my bios from F4 to F12 after problems with my computer crashing and freezing in windows and even in at the start up in dos.

Now when I start the computer it goes through a detection mode for a while and then this message comes up:
    "MBUltra 133 (PDC20276) Bios is not installed because there are no drivers attached."

You mention to check for "Promise RAID" option in Bios setup but I couldn't find it anywhere...

Any idea where/what could it be?

Thanks.

thanks for the reply,
    I have the manual but don't understand what i need to do now or how to access the settings to change what i need to. Any ideas?
    Thankyou

It should be the option at the bottom of the list in the Integrated Peripherals section of the BIOS setup. "Onboard PROMISE Chip" - set it to Disabled.

Thanks - the instructions for the bios problem worked perfectly.

I now seem to have a different problem!!! For some reason, during Windows setup, it doesn't let me past the format stage - instead, everytime i am reaching the formatting option, the screen freezes and the computer crashes.

Do you have any ideas what this could be or am i doing something wrong? Thanks again for your help!

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    The below website is for Active Killdisk.Run it then do install.

http://www.killdisk.com/

Re-enable the chip, I think the main and only problem here is that you are misunderstanding 'information' for an error message, there is no error it is merely 'post' information letting you know there is no RAID array, a message from the Promise chip's BIOS, it's not something you have to do anything about and disabling the chip prevents the BIOS of the motherboard from seeing the IDE controller, hence cant install anything.
    Reset the BIOS of the motherboard to it's default and try again.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Problem with Bios now solved!!!

Although another problem occured...

I ve got a second Hard drive 160Gb wich all of a sudden it has changes its format to "RAW" from NTFS that it was before. I ve got absolutly everything in this hard drive and I can't access it anymore. Every time a double click on it it promts me to format it. Off course I don't want to do that cause I will loose everything!!!

Any idea how to recover my data?

AAny idea what can I do to it to work normal again?

Thanks again!

'Drives larger than 128/137GB require two things to work right. One, the BIOS must be 48 bit LBA compliant. Second the Operating system must also be 48 bit.'

Does your manual cover setting bios for 48 bit compliancy?
    Last edited by CCT; August 13th, 2006 at 11:39 AM.