SQL query + Actuate reports pwd recovery

Thread: SQL query + Actuate reports pwd recovery

SQL query + Actuate reports pwd recovery

Hi - this is kind of 2 questions in one.

WE've had Actuate 7 set up on Siebel by a vendor who won't give us the superadmin password. I had the genius idea of searching the tables for the password in either cleartext (well, it might work....1) or as a hash value which I can run a util against to recover the text.

First question I guess is has anyone done this and know which of several hundred tables the superadmin account is stored in?

Failing that, I was going to search the whole database (on a test system first to reduce overhead on the live system) for one of the other usernames to locate the correct table - does anyone know the correct syntax for a query which just searches every field in every table for a specific string and tells you which tables it's found the string in?

Thanks

Rob
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Shot in the dark here:

Look for a "Login" table. I can check our other SQL databases, but our DB's store that info in said "login" table.
    Last edited by merlinsghost; July 27th, 2006 at 12:07 PM.

thanks for the tip - unfortunately there's no login table, or anything which is obviously a user/login/accounts table - they're all abbreviated. Besides which, the same database holds the siebel info (about 200-odd tables) plus the actuate reports info (about 60-odd tables). they all have really nonobvious names.

Will keep dredging.............
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.