Second terminal Server

Thread: Second terminal Server

Second terminal Server

Hi - I'll try to explain this as well as I can. I have a DC that runs sbserver 2000 and it is our TS as well. Our company has 1 static IP address and we use this to login via TS to work on the sb server. OK so far. I'm going to be adding a second server which will run server 2000 on it. We will also place our primary "third party" software on this new server. Just a note we have opted to stay with the server 2000 family for a few more years. Now Micro Soft tech boards have explained to me how to add the server to my network, setup a new OU for the servers and to make sure the TS is running on the new server. My question is this. If I have 1 static IP and it directs us to the sbserver how do I get my people to be able to get to the new server with the third party progam they need to use? It is probably very simple but I haven't found an answer yet. Thank you in advance. Chris P.

Have them start a RDP session from the original TS to the other, new TS... or use VNC from the first to the second TS, but i'm not sure this would handle multiple simultaneous users.....
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

You could use an RDP 'hop' as Ahcoraj suggests, but you may find it way too sluggish. A better solution might be something I recently did in a similar situation with a Edge Firebox router. I didn't make any change to the first (primary) TS box, but on the second TS box I changed the listening port from 3389 to, in my case, 3390 (you could use any unused port no.). I then had my router direct the packets accordingly. When a TS client wants to connect to the first box, connect as usual. When connecting to the second box, however, you must specify the new port number
    (i.e. http://yourTSname.com:3390). Works like a charm!

Great Idea pilot, i just did this with all 3 TS' on my network... Thanks
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."