NEWS: Introducing Windows Live Writer, blogging tool from MS

Thread: NEWS: Introducing Windows Live Writer, blogging tool from MS

NEWS: Introducing Windows Live Writer, blogging tool from MS

Microsoft launches Windows Live Writer (download), a new publishing tool for authoring rich blog posts on Windows Live Spaces, Wordpress, Typepad and other blogging services.
    The first thing to notice about Writer is that it enables true WYSIWYG blog authoring. You can now author your post and know exactly what it will look like before you publish it. Writer knows the styles of your blog such as headings, fonts, colors, background images, paragraph spacing, margins and block quotes and enables you to edit your post using these styles.

Writer also includes other views including HTML source-code editing and web preview mode.

Now you don't have to waste time going through the process of publishing, refreshing, previewing, and tweaking your post to get it looking the way you want. It's all right there in Writer as you create your post.
    I use Wordpress, I'm going to give it a try myself, how about anyone here?

Sweet dude! This is definitely a keeper. Although I haven't tried it yet, I did successfully install it and it does work with blogspot.com so perfect! I can dig it. I'm gonna go post something with it now.

EDIT:
    Oh man,.. this thing is really terrific! You can actually run all your blogs from there if you have many. Or just one or whatever. You can copy/paste and entire article and post it. It even keeps the pictures in the right spot, etc. This tool is awesome! MS hasn't gotten something right like this in a long time.
    Last edited by WebHead; August 14th, 2006 at 05:54 PM.
    Hello World

Just found a problem. It's not a big deal but I figured I'd post about it anyway. If you are using a free blogging service like I am, then you can't do image publishing. Damn. The only way to do image publishing is through the blogspot.com website.
    Hello World