Opinion needed..

Thread: Opinion needed..

Opinion needed..

Hi. I am looking for a desktop/workstation. In the past I would have gone to Dell, but due to the fact that their support has gone downhill I want to go into a different direction. Has anyone ever bought a computer from cyberpower? Computer Shopper raves about them while PC World does not approve of their customer service. Thanks..
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

why not buy from a local place? They will usually treat you way better than the big boys will as they need your business more.

Recently, I had the best experience ever with Lenovo's support. Not sure if they make desktops or not,.. but they sure have great support for notebooks.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by Damned Angel
    why not buy from a local place? They will usually treat you way better than the big boys will as they need your business more.
    I might, I will have to see if there is any (besides BestBuy and CompUsa) which I really don't want to buy a computer from.

KC Computers has a solid 10 rating at Reseller Ratings. top-notch pre-sale and post-sale support. and no i am not associated with them in any way. take a look.

How about building your own? I always said I would not take the time to do so, but broke down and built my own last year. I'm very happy with it. I got exactly what I wanted, instead of what the major manufacturers were offering and I believe I got better quality.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    How about building your own? I always said I would not take the time to do so, but broke down and built my own last year. I'm very happy with it. I got exactly what I wanted, instead of what the major manufacturers were offering and I believe I got better quality.
    Don't have time for that (this is for work). One of these days I will have the time to actually do that for home.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Recently, I had the best experience ever with Lenovo's support. Not sure if they make desktops or not,.. but they sure have great support for notebooks.
    We sell HP and Lenovo desktops where I work.

If you stay away from the "bottom of the barrel" kits from Lenovo you won't be sorry. Price vs quality is a big plus from them.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams