Jonbenet's Killer Finally Caught - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jonbenet's Killer Finally Caught

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rgharper
    That just means they gave him a test - not that the results matched. It takes a while to do real DNA matching (as opposed to TV DNA matching, that is. )
    They should have asked Grisom to have the testing done - he always gets his results back in like minutes

Yeah, I'm afraid Karr's confession is definitely flawed. It appears that the early reports of DNA testing may be erroneous. Stories on CNN and todays New York Times indicate that DNA testing has not been performed (or at least the results not made public, and I think this would be hard to keep under wraps), plus his version of the killing, which he claims involved rape and drugs, doesn't match the evidence. Still, maybe the cops know things we don't that make Karr a better suspect than he would appear.

Would those be the same cops that said that Jon Benet's family did it?
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Unfortunately, yes. If you haven't watched it already, check out the video interview with a forensic pathologist on CNN's website

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    Yeah, I'm afraid Karr's confession is definitely flawed. It appears that the early reports of DNA testing may be erroneous. Stories on CNN and todays New York Times indicate that DNA testing has not been performed (or at least the results not made public, and I think this would be hard to keep under wraps), plus his version of the killing, which he claims involved rape and drugs, doesn't match the evidence. Still, maybe the cops know things we don't that make Karr a better suspect than he would appear.
    Actually...the initial reports that he drugged her appear to have been wrong also. I still have to agree with 3FS though...probably not the guy.
    AMD Athon 64 X2 4400+, Corsair XMS Pro XL 3200, XFX 7800GTX OC, Raptor 74GB 10k RPM, Abit Fatality A8N SLI

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    There's very good reasons why the cops focused on the parents. The girl was attacked and killed in her own home. That just screams that it was either a family member or a close trusted aquaintence of the family. Like some complete stranger is going to break into a house on X-mas eve, attack and rape the girl and somehow cause her death, and then hide the body in the basement? All the while not causing any harm to the rest of the occupants of the house? Come on, who in their right minds is going to believe that? That's not even a believable plot for a movie.

I don't know who did it, but I guarantee it wasn't this guy.
    WWBRD?

I agree this is not the guy, especially when X WIFE has a great ALIBI.
    It has been 10 years since the terrible day. Traces on her under wear and
    under her nails, DNA and they STILL cannot find the suspect. I suspect this case has been on back burner that has been shut off.

It's all so sick ...

If this guy wantss to confess.... fine cut his rocks off with a blunt knife anyhows... he wants to confess... then take the punishment..
    but as for the real killer...... one day....one day..he will get his
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by imaeditedbysowulo
    There's very good reasons why the cops focused on the parents. The girl was attacked and killed in her own home. That just screams that it was either a family member or a close trusted aquaintence of the family. Like some complete stranger is going to break into a house on X-mas eve, attack and rape the girl and somehow cause her death, and then hide the body in the basement? All the while not causing any harm to the rest of the occupants of the house? Come on, who in their right minds is going to believe that? That's not even a believable plot for a movie.

I don't know who did it, but I guarantee it wasn't this guy.
    Yeah..I know what you are saying..but then again..the DNA under her fingernails NEVER matched any of the family members..the note that was left was very derogatory towards the father, and mentioned income facts that only a close personal enemy would have done..and even a movie wouldn't have had a family member kill her in her own house and not try to hide the body elsewhere..the family DID have to be checked..but there was sufficient tunnel vision on the part of investigators to thoroughly compromise any semblance of a good investigation.
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

And so, another crackpot is unveiled. Darn shame our unbiased, realiable media jumped to yet another premature conclusion and set off another fruitless feeding frenzy. Next....
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

What a joke all the reporting on Karr was! Inaccurate, contradictory, premature; the acronym FUBAR comes to mind. This story from the Washington Post pretty much says it all: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...v=most_emailed