The last time I work with Linux was using Red Hat in 2002. I expect there have been some changes since then. I've worked with SCO Unix quite a bit in the meantime, but a lot of those installations were even older than that RH I worked on. Now I would like to get back into Linux. (mainly because I'm looking into jobs where it would be usefull) I think I would like to stick with Red Hat, as that seems to be the main thing out there in the business world.

I plan on dual-booting my main computer along with Win2k Pro. I have a 74GB WD Raptor on a Silicon Image SiI3112 SATA RAID controller. (built into Abit mainboard) Other specs: Athlon XP3000, ATI Radeon 9550 video, nVidia nForce on-board sound and network and an LSI Ultra3 SCSI controller and cheap-azz winmodem. (and I don't really care too much if the Linux can't see that SCSI controller or modem.

What is a good way to go about picking up a copy of the latest RH distro? Should I even be getting the latest? How tough is it to set up dual-boot with an existing Win2k install? Is there anything I need to be carefull of? What if the Win2k install gets hosed and has to be reinstalled?