RJ45 Crimping tools

Thread: RJ45 Crimping tools

RJ45 Crimping tools

Hi people.
    I'm looking for a good quality (little or no plastic) RJ45 crimping tool, that ideally will also crimp RJ11 and UK telephone plugs - does anyone have any recomendations?

Cheers
    "they're funny things, accidents. you never have them untill you're having them" - Winnie The Pooh

I used to have a very nice Amp crimp, cushy handles, nicely machined dies, etc. It cost about $150. It got stolen.

I now have a $14 dollar el-cheapo crimp. Other than that the quality of the blades for cutting cable are poorer (and I use side cutters anyway) there is no difference in function or effectiveness between it and the Amp model. I could lose ten of these cheap ones and still be ahead over the Amp crimp.

Now punch tools are a different story......

Wrong side of the pond here to know about British phone tools, but I'm with House in the cheap crimping tool camp. For RJ 45 and 11, I have a couple of $15-$20 tools that work just fine. And I pull lots of cable and attach many plugs. Not a big deal to carry 3 crimping tools to a job; my basic network tool box holds these plus BNC connectors (don't really use 'em but I still carry them) connectors for RJ45, RJ11, TV coax (don't remember the number off hand), a hammer, a chisel, 2 cable testers, tone generator, 50 ft. fish tape, keyhole saw, some drill bits, a stud finder, putty (for when my stud finder miscarries), electrical tape, allen key set, my Desert Eagle (for when my charm miscarries) and a truss for those times that I can't roll the box on its wheels and may actually be forced to carry it upstairs.

Oh! Forgot my 3 stripping tools!

Did I forget the dikes and screwdrivers?

I have a paladin crimp tool. All metal with a ratcheting feature (won't open up till fully crimped) Cost me about $50, well worth it. the model i have does both rj45 and rj11

http://www.arcade-electronics.com/detail.aspx?ID=21589
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

I cant seem to find one that does all three, but then I suppose that I dont really need to use the large UK telephone plug that often anyway, and adapters are pennies.
    Matridom: thanks, I like the look of that one. Its big brother does RJ22 as well, so might go with that.
    "they're funny things, accidents. you never have them untill you're having them" - Winnie The Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by Six Eyed Smily
    I cant seem to find one that does all three, but then I suppose that I dont really need to use the large UK telephone plug that often anyway, and adapters are pennies.
    Matridom: thanks, I like the look of that one. Its big brother does RJ22 as well, so might go with that.
    Whats RJ22?

Mick