Lcd get black for split second

Thread: Lcd get black for split second

Unhappy Lcd get black for split second

I've built a computer for my kid with nvidia 5200 card and 17" lcd screen.
    From time to time, His screen gets black for a split second. I thoght it has something to do with refresh rate or driver, So i changed between MS built in driver, And latest Nvidia, But the problems returns.Right now i don't have another "Normal" Agp card to test it, But i wondered if there's a tweak in Nvidia driver that i can play with in order to eliminate the problem.

That happens on my LCD periodically too. I have never taken the time to look into what the cause of it is. It doesn't do it very often, and it is only black for a tiny fragment of time. If you figure this out, please be sure to post the solution here. Thanks.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Flourscent lights are constant pulsing rate, when LCD contrast are set to low setting, flickering may occur due to insufficient light source passing through the pixels. This are more obvious for green (eye-sensitive) color grid pattern.

Check in the video driver or nVidia control center to see if the card has an option to select between 1Volt and 0.7 Volt video amplitude. If it's set to 0.7 V some LCD monitors may intermittently fail to detect signal and momentarily blank the image until the signal is re-detected.

Also, is your LCD using the factory standard resolution for it or are you forcing another mode?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Red face

I use factory standards and played with the + and - vertical and horizontal syncs in the advanced control panel properties with no success. I even changed the Hz from 75.0028 to 75.0057 (Which was the next closest change).It seems it is beyond my powers...Muahahahah. I guess i'll wait till i'll find a good used vga card....
    Thank you all