NEWS: Logitech Revolution MX and VX mice

Thread: NEWS: Logitech Revolution MX and VX mice

NEWS: Logitech Revolution MX and VX mice

Logitech has unleashed two advanced mice that transform the experience of finding and manipulating the vast amount of digital content on your computer a bit easy. The two glorified mice, both sport a laser pointer and are cordless with the MX for desktop and VX for desktop use. Both mice feature hyper-fast scrolling with a revolutionary alloy wheel the MicroGear Precision Scroll Wheel that has achieved a breakthrough in free-spin mode and will allow you to go through long documents in a jiffy. The revolutionary wheel spins freely for up to seven seconds, spanning hundreds of pages with a single flick of the finger and setting a new benchmark in scrolling efficiency. The One-Touch Search feature that allows you to select a word or phrase on a Web page or in a document and, with a single click, view Internet search results(like Yahoo and Google) on that subject. And the last but not the least the Ergonomic design further adds to the triumph of the mice. Both mice feature low-resistance polytetrafluoroethylene feet, enabling them to glide smoothly across a surface with minimal exertion on the part of the user. Moreover Logitech has equipped the mouse with natural resting points for fingers, and rubber thumb grips make it easy to grab and move the mice without squeezing too hard.

The Logitech MX Revolution Mouse has a bit different story to tell. It features the same MicroGear Precision Scroll Wheel along with the Logitech's SmartShift technology, based on the best setting for the application being used. You can toggle with toggle manually between modes - by pushing down and clicking the wheel. Logitech's technology also senses the speed at which people spin the wheel and behaves accordingly. Using the included Logitech SetPointsoftware (or with Logitech Control Center software for Mac) you can change the settings for the wheel and for all of the mouse's seven buttons. The MX also features a second wheel near the thumb that allows you you to zoom in and out of photos and documents, or to quickly switch between applications.

The Logitech MX Revolution mouse is now available in US and Europe with a price tag of $99.99. Designed for notebook PC users, the Logitech VX Revolution Mouse strikes the perfect balance between portability and comfort. With size smaller than MX version, it includes a slot to store the 2.4 GHz micro-receiver. The base of the mouse has a switch allows you to shift the scroll wheel from free-spin mode to click-to-click mode. There is also a zoom-in slider. It goes for $79.

I had to wipe drool off my monitor...

The MX would be perfect for me if they also offered a wired version, but with the rechargeable dock I could live with it.

Photoshop, image manipulations, pagemaking...

/added to Christmas wish list.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Can't argue with the looks

Like Logitech's curent generation of mice. Like them very much. I bought a MX 1000 about a week after they came out, and bought my second about 2 weeks after that. These are the first wireless products I've really liked. Put the mouse in the cradle when you go to lunch and it'll never be without a charge.