Antivirus

Thread: Antivirus

Antivirus

guys can u tell me which 1 is the best antivirus???
    what do u think what shoudl i use? I just want to know, my computer gets slower too fast and i have good computer so i dont want to keep viruses in my comp.

Welcome to Windrivers DardanS
    What operating program do you have? All antivirus should also include
    Ewido. You will need XP to run Ewido. I run Norton antivirus and
    spybot, and Ewido. Also what slows it down is how many executable
    programs you have running.

Hi and welcome to WinDrivers. I prefer NOD32 because the updates for it are small, and it consumes very little system resources plus it's speedy yet comprehensive. I tried using Norton 2006 but their tech support is VERY Awful and I had a Heck of a time trying to get it working it kept telling me my subscription is expired(I had just bought the software recently)
    I can't really rate (Nod32's)Eset's tech support because I haven't contacted them although the place I bought it from online was very helpfull.

Norton antivirus consumes alot of system resources and is pretty slow I had issues where it would let a virus through then remove it by contrast NOD32 keeps viruses from planting themselves in the first place. But that's just what I went thorugh with Norton AV, Some people don't have any trouble with it most do

One of the few cons is NOD 32 cost more but I.M.H.O it's worth it I bought mine from http://www.computech4u.net/
    Overall I suggest you avoid Symantecs products(they make Norton AV) because of their terrible tech support.

look i am using right at the momeny MCaffe but i dont think that is a good 1, i dont know what but i can see that my comp is much more slower. 1 more thing can i dl somewhere Antivirus from internet without paying, but i am talking for good antivirus because i am from Kosova and we just started with CC and i dont have any 1:S + we are still fresh in this market and we dont trust that much to buy online. so if u guys have any idea where i can dl a good antivirus plz tell me and thnx for explanation guys.

AntiVirus

I swore by Norton since Viri became an issue. In the last few years Ive found that Norton and Mcaffee both slow my machines and my clients machines to a crawl. They just arnt worth it
    The alternative I use is a combination of Pccillin made by Trend Micro and Spysweeper made by Webroot.
    Pccillin uses a minimal amount of resources but if you want automatic updates , The longest schedule interval is 12 hrs. Other than that issue Ive found Pccillin to detect on its prescan at install Viri that Norton and Mcaffee have missed.
    I like Ewido and Spybot also. Spybot is free so that is a big plus.
    Its seems that companys like Symantec and Mcaffe are willing to sacrifice performance for protection and there is a tradeoff. Every running process is a performance sacrifice. Pccillin doesnt run nearly as many processes and seems to be effective.
    Hope this helps.
    Reinstalling Windows to resolve an issue is Like cracking a Walnut with a Sledge Hammer. The Walnut will crack. But whats the point if nothing salvageable remains

thnx very much. i have picilin or what was his name cuz it comes with ASSUS computers in original CD but i think is not updated so i realy need to update and about that botware i will dl from internet thnx i will do as uare saying and lets hope i will have a much more advanced on wrokign faster.

Best Antivirus

I would recommend AVG Free edition Antivirus software. Unlike Norton, it does not consume very much system resources. Go for this combination:

Antivirus: AVG free edition
    AntiSpyware: Windows Defender
    Firewall: Sunbelt Kerio Firewall

This would keep your system healthy and fast too.

Cheers
    Kiran

AVG is good, I don't know if it's the best, but that's what my computer guy gave me!

Pc-cillin works well for my parents computers. Coupled with tea-timer from spybot, they rarely get anything despite the fact the grandchildren spend all day on msn and go to all the links their friends send them.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."