Microsoft Visual C#.Net

Thread: Microsoft Visual C#.Net

Microsoft Visual C#.Net

Hello,

Do i need to have any programming background for learning Microsoft Visual C#.Net
    For eg: if doesn't even know what is a string or (); .
    Is there any free website for learning the simplest basic (fast to learn) in order to have a smooth start of the above programming language.

Please advise.
    Thanks
    a

Usually, when you first learn programming, do are taught structure and problem solving... this enables you to work through the logic before you write a single line of code. Any programming language is relatively easy to learn providing you know what you want to achieve. There are two types of programming in my book... linear and object oriented. C# is OOP. Then you need to understand events - eg a mouse click is an event.... then you learn how to make the program react to an event in a certain way.

There are literally thousands of websites which tell you want the various commands are and how to string them together (pun intended ). Most start with the "hello world" program which is a simple program which displays the text "hello world" on your screen... from there the lessons get progressively more complex.

What do you want to do? Learn to use C# to create a couple of little programs or do you want a job as a programmer?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I have a similar question. I do have some past experience with ADA, BASIC, C++, and, to a lesser extent, COBOL, Assembly and Java. Nothing major, mainly college courses and some toying around on the side.

I'd like to get back into it, just to play around with programming a few basic games (strategy, turn-based).

Suggestions?

Looking for something simple and free/cheap (as in I don't want to go drop money on a bunch of associated software to program, compile and execute, and I can live without GUIs and other wizards) that would work well for programming basic (VERY basic!) games and/or other software toys.

No looking for a job. Just looking to reignite a hobby!

If you don't want to pay, then the obvious choice is java. I prefer the Eclipse IDE over netbeans or jbuilder... or you can do it the old fashioned way with notepad.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks, NooNoo! Started playing around with this already last night. I pulled down the Eclipse that you suggested, but just started doing the notepad approach following some online tutorials.

I dare you to do gridbaglayout just using notepad....