• MWFP

2 100.00%
  • TELUS ITI

0 0%
  • you are not qualifyed to make a sugestion either way

0 0%

Thread: what do I do?

what do I do?

I just got a call from my former employer, they want me back to run one of the mill locations. now Im really torn, as the employer I'm with really wants to keep me.

Details:

TELUS ITI
    Contract -Full time pending in January (3 contract extensions)
    #9 public company in Canada on contract for #40 company in Canada
    Great Learning opportunity
    opprotunity for advancement
    Desktop Tier 2 On Site Service
    platinum plated benefits plan (if i ever get full time)
    Management position, Tier 1 is Union (its ugly to)
    Microsoft shop
    The Contract Liaison is a jerk and regularly goes out of his way to piss me off
    I'm feeling a little strung along on the contracts, but apparently its just the way TELUS is due to the union.

Millar Western Forest Products
    Full time
    Private company, small/medium
    strongly affected by commodities in lumber and pulp (why I was let go)
    learning opportunity as needed
    I will be calling all of the shots for the Pulp and Lumber mills in whitecourt (desktop, server, network, and some GIS)
    gold plated benefits plan
    Millar is non union.
    Best of Breed Shop bit of everything and it all works together.

both will match wages.

I really enjoyed working at Millar, as I reported directly to the Manager and Director. I had the freedom to do what needed to be done, and had direct hands on exposure to everything. I am critical to decision making as I plan and implement all new networks, servers, and desktop upgrades. I will have to move to Whitecourt.

I like working for TLEUS, but it is a helpdesk, the same problems keep coming up, but I am "the golden boy". other support teams refer to me. I am the Team Lead appointee. I have no influence in decision making. I will not have to relocate.

What should I do?
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

You need a fourth option:

4: Make your own decision, I am having enough fun screwing my own life up!

thanks.... I haven't had a truly stressful day here untill that phone call.

I cant decide either way....

what research I conducted for housing in whitecourt denffinatly suggests that my cost of living will go down and I will actauly be able to afford a home.... that may be the deal maker right there.... crap, im going to need to sleep on this for days.

the bidding war is nice though. I like being in demand!