Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid
Okay, I voted for Millar. From everything you wrote, it seems like it is fairly even. Millar seems to be less stable than the Telus job, however it looks to be much more rewarding personally and seems to have a much lower BS factor. I also note with alarm, that Telus has promised full time employment, but has not come through. Contract extensions are a delaying tactic, to keep you on a string. Why? I don't know. If there is a significant Management versus Union struggle going on, it could be bad.

You seem to like the people and work environment at Millar better and would be more in control of your own destiny there. How volatile is the lumber industry? Anyhow, it is just my opinion. Best of luck which ever way you go.
currently the lumber industray is in the pits due to the US Softwood lumber dispute... still refusing to pay back 4 B in unfair tariffs which were agreed to at the conclusiong of Softwood Lumber Dispute 4 (aka Can industry is giving up 1 B which the US government gave to local producers for some reason. Millar alone is owed 36 M from the US gov't). This will likly be the precurser to Lumber 5....

damn US lobby groups.

Pulp is also in the tank, so for the company its a realy low period, so the only way they would let me go is if they had to close the mills. (not very likly)

I'm going to let the bank decide, If I can afford housing in the whitecourt area im going, as its simply out of reach in Edmonton and a farce in Richmond (my grand kids would still be paying....)