Outlook Undeliverables

Thread: Outlook Undeliverables

Outlook Undeliverables

Is there any settings in outlook that could possibly prevent mail being delivered to netzero and juno accounts?

Our outlook account here at work are not able to sent emails to juno or netzero account. I am running Exchange 2000 but we are using a cable provider for the internet mail (SMTP). I have no restrictions on the server when it comes to who/where email can be sent to. If I got directly to the smtp provider and use their webmail utility I can send the email just fine.

Now the part that gets me is, we know another person that uses outlook express at home and can not send to a juno/netzero user either, they are not using any exchange server at all, the only common point it outlook.

Now when I send for here, I get a "Delivery Status Notification (Delay)"
    Info below (names changed)

Reporting-MTA: dns;myservername.mydomain.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
    Action: delayed
    Will-Retry-Until: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:16:12 -0700
    X-Display-Name: '[email protected]'
    Then a day later I get "Undeliverable: test email"
    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test email
    Sent: 9/18/2006 12:16 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'[email protected]' on 9/19/2006 12:17 AM
    Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.
    <myservername.mydomain.com #4.4.7>
    Any help would be appreciated, do you think changing the timeout setting on my server would help or maybe I am not looking in the right place? I looked in the queues on the server and after a few minutes I now see "Smallbusiness MSTP connector (SMTP Connector - Remote delivery) - RETRY - (Time of submission) Total number of Msg = 1 Total Msg Size=1. I did try to force it to retry, but I really didn't think that it should be using my exchange server to try to deliver it since we are using "internet mail" not the SMTP on my exchange server. I did look at the properties of this try and it does say "An SMTP protocol error occued".
    But seeing that there is also an outlook express user with the same issue it leads me to believe this is more than just my exchange server.

This may NOT be applicable but interesting reading anyway:

http://www.hosticananswers.com/quest...+%96+0x800CC79

No luck with that

What that really tells me is that my server is timing out, I believe I have the timeout at 24 hours, however it shouldn't take that long to deliver
    In any case, I don't know why it is siting in my server's queue since I have our internet mail setup as "internet mail" in outlook.. basically I don't have the smtp part of my server configured, I let my ISP do that. And the only problem appears to be netzero, juno and one of my customers. PLUS someone who doesn't use an exchange just outlook express has the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Moostang
    What that really tells me is that my server is timing out, I believe I have the timeout at 24 hours, however it shouldn't take that long to deliver
    In any case, I don't know why it is siting in my server's queue since I have our internet mail setup as "internet mail" in outlook.. basically I don't have the smtp part of my server configured, I let my ISP do that. And the only problem appears to be netzero, juno and one of my customers. PLUS someone who doesn't use an exchange just outlook express has the same issue
    Can you tell us a little about how Outlook is set up for the users? There is the smtp account and an Exchange account in each profile with the smtp account being set as the default; is this correct?

emr

Exclamation Outlook and Juno problems

One issue that you might not expect is that you must have an upgraded Juno account such as Juno Platinum for this to work. If you only have free email with Juno and that's all, you may can get your Inbox mail but may not can send Outgoing through the Juno server.

The Juno Platinum is an annual fee that's about eight to ten dollars, I can't remember exactly.

Also, if by chance you are logged onto to Juno website, you also likely cannot access "Sending" mail through the server or "Replying" to inbox mail. You must log off. Seems obvious, but when troubleshooting, the little things can really get you!!!!

Hope this helps.