Im on XP pro. i have a Lite-on DVDRW drive and 1 DVD rom drive. the rom drive works fine. the burner drive will not read a disc or burn to it. when i put in a disc with info on it, it will show the green light for about 30 seconds, then blink acouple times then nothing. when i go to that drive to read the disc it shows nothing on the disc. if i put a blank disc into the drive does the samething, and if i try to burn on it, it tells me to install a disc. I have switched out the DVDRW drive with another and get the same problem. so not hardware related. the Device manager shows it operating properly.
i have updated the firmware on the drives, i have unistalled and reinstalled the drivers several times but no change.im using Nero for burning. I recently installed a Gforce 6600 sound card,but it had been working fine. i burned a music CD and it burned fine, but the drive was blinking. i removed the disc, still blinking. i rebooted and now having this problem. any help would be great!!Im guessing a virus, did AVG virus scan and found nothing.HELP!! thanks