M/B=cpu/chassis/power fan ports - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: M/B=cpu/chassis/power fan ports

Quote Originally Posted by kolokythaki
    So why not connect cpu's fan in there?!
    Why on earth would you want to connect the cpu fan (which is critical to the operation of the cpu) to the chassis fan connector?????
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

why not connect the cpu fan to the cpu connector, the chassis fan to the chassis connector, and if you want more cooling to the video card..connect that to a molex on the psu? Seems to me that is why they label those things cpu connector, chassis connector, etc. They could have just labeled them connector 1, 2, 3 etc.
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

NooNoo,
    seems u r in a big confusion...
    The quiet n cool does NOT control the fans, the fans react to the temperature inside...
    one more time u insist say that...well, this is what i say too. We agree! (i hope i wont have to repeat it)
    Pages 1-4 says about "asus Q-fan 2 technology" Is this function similar to "cool&quiet technology"?

geoscomp,
    yes, when i say sign i mean guarantee. Because manual doesnt say something about.

NooNoo, I wonder why u said...
    Why on earth would you want to connect the cpu fan (which is critical to the operation of the cpu) to the chassis fan connector?????
    If chassis connector has same function with cpu connector(cool & quiet) then why not??!! they r same connectors(if u say so)

why not connect the cpu fan to the cpu connector, the chassis fan to the chassis connector................
    Which chassis fan???
    Well, why not u read my first post in this thread to understand what my points r??
    Last edited by kolokythaki; October 7th, 2006 at 03:33 PM.

for the last time
    cool n quiet is SOFTWARE which steps down the cpu speed when the cpu does not need to work so hard.

q-fan2 works on thermistors... hardware. thermistor detects heat - fan goes faster, thermistor detects heat ok, fan slows down

If you read the manual and the links provided you would have understood this 4 hours ago!

Chassis connector and cpu connectors may be the same, but neither I nor Geoscomp designed the motherboard - if you want to know if they are exactly the same, write to Asus. We are very boring, we follow instructions so that the computer works. If you plug your cpu into the chassis connector and the cpu fries, do you expect AMD to RMA it? Do you expect Asus to pay for a new cpu?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

yes, when i say sign i mean guarantee. Because manual doesnt say something about.
    the manual says exactly what I quoted. I am not going to guarantee anything on you motherboard works the way it is supposed to..that is the manufacturers job. however..THE MANUAL SAYS EXACTLY WHAT I QUOTED! To put it simply..the cool and quiet technology throttles back the cpu to meet the lack of workload..the qfan then responds by slowing down the fans in response to the cooler temperature. As far as chassis fan connector vs cpu fan connector..chassis fans are generally low speed high volume fans..cpu fans are higher speed for the same volume of air and the same amount of cooling. You will be introducing variables that could cause problems..for no reason.
    Computer Rescue Service

Which chassis fan???
    Well, why not u read my first post in this thread to understand what my points r??

I think I explained what chassis meant a few posts ago. The chassis is the structure of the case (without the sides on). Therefore the fan you attach to the structure of the case - the chassis - is the chassis fan, which you then connect to the chassis connector.

Geoscomp did understand, it is you that have failed to understand what chassis means....and when it was explained to you, you ignored it.l

Aarrgggh!
    Computer Rescue Service

ANSWER TO No 19 post:

I cant understand why u repeat all the time something which I said several times that I agree:
    cool n quiet is SOFTWARE which steps down the cpu speed when the cpu does not need to work so hard.
    When will u understand that I know this?? Plz?? In fact, I firstly thought that u didnt know that yourself! I described so many times this function and now u tell me "for the last time..." sounds so funny

I have to tell u again that manual does not mention a word for my questions.Or maybe u dont want understand my questions.

I didnt understand what u wrote in your last paragraph...Point is that once more u dont answer
    Last edited by kolokythaki; October 7th, 2006 at 03:44 PM.

I didnt understand what u wrote in your last paragrapf...Point is that once more u dont answer
    I did answer, the fact that you do not understand the answer does not mean I did not answer.

You are quite incredible. You refuse to look at explanations, you refuse to accept the answer given and if you don't understand an answer you either ignore it or are rude.

now which words did you not understand? Quote the paragraph and put the words in bold that you did not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    I think I explained what chassis meant a few posts ago. The chassis is the structure of the case (without the sides on). Therefore the fan you attach to the structure of the case - the chassis - is the chassis fan, which you then connect to the chassis connector.
    U really cant undestand what i say about chassis fan...

I was answering your question:
    Which chassis fan???
    You think the cpu and chassis fan connectors are the same. We have said that they might be, but to be sure you would have to write to Asus.

Now what else do you need to know?

I did answer, the fact that you do not understand the answer does not mean I did not answer.

You are quite incredible. You refuse to look at explanations, you refuse to accept the answer given and if you don't understand an answer you either ignore it or are rude.

now which words did you not understand? Quote the paragraph and put the words in bold that you did not understand.
    Because u havent undestand what I m talking about, this doesnt mean that I dont understand what u say...

I think u r the incredible...Exept if u do this on purpose. I have explained so many times my points but u insist say "cat and dogs"... U refuse understand what i m talking about, u only want say your theory(which is already well known to me)
    You think the cpu and chassis fan connectors are the same. We have said that they might be, but to be sure you would have to write to Asus.

Now what else do you need to know?
    No, this is what our friend geoscomp tried to say when compared these 2 connectors as same function. I m who ask, not say!
    Last edited by kolokythaki; October 7th, 2006 at 04:00 PM.

No, this is what our friend geoscomp tried to say when compared these 2 connectors as same function. I m who ask, not say!

What does "I m who ask, not say!" mean?

Means that I m who makes the questions, not says things.
    Ok lets accept it.U cant help.

Means that I m who makes the questions, not says things.
    Ok lets accept it.U cant help.
    I can't help? So are you going to write to Asus?