[RESOLVED] upside down screen!

Thread: [RESOLVED] upside down screen!

Resolved [RESOLVED] upside down screen!

I'm on site doind rotine anti -virus removal, when after a reboot the screen is upside down! Let me back up for a sec. First I down loaded spy-bot and spyonthis software ran both apps. first I took care of all the junk in the spybot app. I ran the spyonthis but did not remove anything there was 257 infections. I rebooted to a upside down screen! Now the funny thing is I tried to rotate the screen under the video card setting and it tries to rotate but won't. When I first went into the setting it was set to 180 I changed it to normal but it didn't work? I thinking a virus but not sure which type would do this! I have never see this before! Oh before you ask I'm running Win 2kPro

ATI video card? Try removing the drivers and re-installing them. You could always try updating them first, but the update may not reset the current settings.

You think you are being punished for removing spyware? spyonthis may even be the culprit

Uninstall the video drivers and reinstall.... and make sure you have sp4 for 2k.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Isn't there a keystroke to flip the screen with certain ATI and NVidia drivers? Like Ctrl-Alt-Up/Down/Left/Right arrow or something similar?

I've seen people do this mistakenly trying to do Ctrl-Alt-Delete

indeed there is and i have posted about it before...its Ctrl-Alt-Arrow key.

I tried rotating to screen in the advanced tab of the Intel graphics page and tried the Hot Key short cuts, they do nothing! I have deleted SPYONTHIS, since it all started after I installed that anti-spyware SW. I have heard of a worm called Nachi, thats suppose to cause the same effect. Those Hot Keys are Ctrl Alt up = Normal,Ctrl -Alt-Right= 90 and so on!
    Last edited by rsnovak; October 10th, 2006 at 02:20 PM.

I will try to re-install the video drivers in the morning!

You did check to make sure which way the monitor is didn't you? It wouldn't be the first time that has been done....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

This monitor does not have a setting to rotate the screen, I checked already(the first thing I tried). I think its a trojan swoop virus, when I was in the registry I saw in the runonce key a Insane.exe in there and didn't get to it because I was only cleaning the high risk threats. So I will try removing this entry from the registry.

www.emsisoft.com and get a-square free (free registration) - if there is a trojan, that will get it. There also some nifty process tools there as well.

I was running Norton AV just before I left the site, I went there this morning and rebooted the mahine and is came up fine - no upside down monitor- Not sure what it was, kinda wanted to know for next time! Oh Well!

naw... it will be different next time...

BTW..spyonthis is listed as a rogue or suspect antispyware application at Spyware Warrior because of false positives being used as a goad to purchase:
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

BTW..spyonthis is listed as a rogue or suspect antispyware application at Spyware Warrior because of false positives being used as a goad to purchase:
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Maybe, but I have used it for a while with no issues till now! I guess you can call it being lucky, till now!..lol