? about Nero

Thread: ? about Nero

? about Nero

Whenver I place a blank cdr into my E: drive a window pops up and asks me if I want to create a cd by using Nero. The strange thing is when I select Nero. A box pops up saying E: Access is Denied. Yet I can still access Nero normally and burn cds. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Discussion I copied - it may apply:

"However after some trial and error, I've now discovered the following: I don't think the issue has anything to do with the firmware change, but it might have something to do with one of the NERO 6 DVD Writer program components, specifically InCD. I downloaded updates to NERO a few weeks ago (before I installed the firmware update) and everything appeared to be going OK, but I hadn't tested a DVD-RAM disc. I ran the InfoTool component (part of NERO) and it came up with the message: ""Drive E: is locked by InCD server. Do you want to release the drive?". When I answer yes, the drive is released and then I can access it. I have to do this each time I insert a DVD-RAM, as otherwise I keep getting the access denied error. This also generates a warning in the event log (event ID 257, source PlugPlay Manager). I've contacted Nero and am waiting for a reply. So at this point I have a workaround, but not a permanent solution.

I've heard of problems with the update to V6 of Nero! I'd remove Nero completely and then reinstall your original v6 and ignore the update.

I'va managed to resolve the problem (in part) by deleting InCD (part of Nero) from my system. I can now access the DVD-RAM.

Makes sense as the InCD add on is the packet writing thingy used to 'format' RWs to allow their use as a large floppy. As I've said at length in other posts (!) packet writing is a pain and is non standard. "

Nero

I have latest Nero and Roxio running together with no problems. I make sure when installing to exclude packet writing. It's more trouble than it is worth.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jaimicook
    ... exclude packet writing. It's more trouble than it is worth.
    I agree there.

The only problem I have with re-installing Nero is that it came installed on my computer so I do not have the original software.

You can redownload it from Nero.com
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

InCd is launched during the boot process of Windows from the registry.
    To disable it, just goto Start > Run , type Msconfig and from there uncheck Incd.exe from the list.
    Last edited by CCT; October 26th, 2006 at 07:40 AM.

Thanks Noo Noo , so I just want the standard Nero 6.0 right?

I don't know what version you have on your machine already... you should check the faq about OEM versions as well... just in case you have a separate version.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."