Is anyone using the new Internet Explorer 7?

Thread: Is anyone using the new Internet Explorer 7?

Is anyone using the new Internet Explorer 7?

Microsoft Updates has popped up with IE7 and do I want it or not?

Have been trying to find some reviews, read through this one:
    http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...er7_review.php

and found some good points but also these

---
    # 17
    A step backwards.
    IE6 used to let you drag your toolbars around and it would remember where they were. In IE7 they are returned to the default location every time. Firefox is now better. IE6 is better than IE7.
    Don't upgrade.
    Posted by: Joshua Prowse | October 31, 2006 05:41 PM

# 19
    I've been using IE7 for a while now (started with the beta) and really wish I could get back to IE 6. IE 7 won't remember passwords no matter what I do (really annoying) and I am getting messages from a lot of our vendors saying IE 7 is incompatible with their systems and interfaces.
    Posted by: Mark | November 2, 2006 07:25 AM

---

And I've tried other Browsers and there are certain things they won't do, so I continued to use Internet Explorer 6.

Sooo, what to do??

Poetry, recordings and photos >> Welcome to My World

If you are happy with 6, I would continue to use 6 until it can no longer do what you want it to do. Just because it is newer doesn't mean it will make you happier.

A good example is Vista. I would gladly stay in XP for years and years, and I will.. until something comes out that I can't run on it.. then I will cry, and "up"grade.
    -Come on, I'll lend you money for a coffee.

I've been using it for quite a while (since early beta) now with no problems. As far as the statements above, you can unlock the toolbars, move em where you want and then lock them again..they always stay for me. I also have no problems with password saving. As far as IE7 being incompatible with certain systems..they had better upgrade the systems then..ie7 is Vista's default and ie6 is going away. That being said, I still have customers that only use NT4 or other os' because they are stuck with them..changes always have some pain associated with them. (like the guy that has an inventory control system programmed in Cobol that only works on win98)
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Crastabule is right... if you feel any concern about installing IE7, then don't. If you want to see what your missing, then do.

The thing about programs like this is that people love it or hate it.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Well, starting in November Microsoft is going to push IE7 as a critical update, so IE6's days are numbered.
    Shoot 'em up! Shoot 'em up! Pow! Pow!

MS has a toolkit to stop IE7 from automatically being installed if so wish to use it. I decided to use it at my work until I can work out what settings I need to set. I, myself, have been using IE7 since beta and have no issues with it, but some of our internal intranet pages prompt IE7 to treat them like phishing sites so I need to do a little tweaking before I can send this out to all the computer on my network. You can find the MS toolkit here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en. I ended up taking the registry entries and mass pushed them out to all the computers. I would attach the registry key, but I am not sure if people would be scared about it being malicious or not.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

I'm running IE7, and have no real gripes. The first Beta broke my online credit card processing software, but later versions worked OK. I think it's a real improvement over 6, but it isn't going to wean me away from Firefox. About the only time I run it is if I want ActiveX support for some reason.

Thanks everyone for advice, I haven't downloaded it yet, but will one day.

But could someone who DOES use IE7 check my website - link below - to make sure it views ok under IE7. Am sure it will, but would like to be sure.

Your site still looks just fine under IE7. Didn't find anything that failed. Recordings, everything OK.

Thanks Slgrieb, for spending 10 minutes 31 seconds at a Distance of 3,893 miles away from me, to check my site.

You're a pal.

Anytime. I won't even charge for travel.

IE7 sucks. I have tried to force myself to like it but I just can't. I am sticking with IE6 in terms of IE. But lately I am much happier with FireFox 2.0. And keep in mind,.. this comes from me,.. an IE fanboy.
    Hello World

Cool I have used it for quite a while now

I work at the Microsoft Help Desk, and I have used it for quite a while. I don't mind it. Like all new applications, it starts out with Betas to work out bugs and so forth. I have a few callers that don't like it, but it will eventually be pushed out and web developers and all will be then designing their websites and stuff for it. So, if you want to use 6 until you have to switch that's fine, but I like using 7 because it does have quite a few improvements over older versions.

Welcome to windrivers jjsjungle... it was probably unwise of you to state where you work, your private messaging may just overflow....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by Low_Level_Owl
    Well, starting in November Microsoft is going to push IE7 as a critical update, so IE6's days are numbered.
    It is already a Critical Update.

But I would see it as an Optional Update, however Microsoft probably know differently. Come to think of it, where did IE5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 go?!

Yes, I did notice where jsjungle works .. and the Sunglasses, you're not Bill in disguise are you?

Thanks again everyone, for your advice.