PS3 and Wii releases this weekend!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS3 and Wii releases this weekend!

PS3 and Wii releases this weekend!

Big weekend coming up for gamers. The long awaited PS3 is being released on Friday, and the Nintendo Wii is being released on Sunday. Anyone rushing out this weekend to buy one? Anyone here get an Xbox 360?

Not rushing, but definitely considering either the PS3 or XBox 360 ... for the kids, of course.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I went to wii.com and it tells you all kinds of things, except what it is....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I know I mentioned it in another thread, but at my local game shop they had XBox 360s used with a wireless joystick for 270. They normally have at least a 90 day warranty on them.

I have a Wii reserved, which means next to nothing as they sell new systems like airlines sell seats at my local Gamestop. But hopefully I will end up with one. The PS3 is too expensive, and more importantly, too hard to obtain at this point. The barriers to entry are... well, preventing me from entering into a PS3 purchase.
    -Come on, I'll lend you money for a coffee.

I will get a Wii, but most likely after the holiday rush. I am no hurry. As for the PS3 I think it is way too expensive for right now so I may hold off a year or 2 on that one.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

I've got a Wii reserved, hopefully my local Gamestop will have a midnight launch Saturday night. I have no desire to get a PS3 until they get games out that I actually want to play and that aren't already on the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Marker
    I have no desire to get a PS3 until they get games out that I actually want to play and that aren't already on the 360.
    Thats another good point. With having the Wii and a 360 you should be able to cover most of the games out and I have heard rumors that a few of the "Sony Exclusives" might be expanding to the other platforms
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB IROC
    Thats another good point. With having the Wii and a 360 you should be able to cover most of the games out and I have heard rumors that a few of the "Sony Exclusives" might be expanding to the other platforms
    Assassins Creed is one of them. Was at first a PS3 exclusive, now it's also coming to 360, and looks just as good.

I have also heard rumors of the Final Fantasy Series expanding to 360 and coming back to nintendo, I guess only time will tell.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    I'm getting my son an XBOX 360 for christmas, he wanted it last year but it wasn't happening.............he has no interest in the PS3 or WII

PS3 waiste..don't buy it please. Wii umm, possibly better. Always liked Nintendo.

You know I was watching this Special on CNBC last night about the history of video games and I learned something about Nintendo and Sony. It turns out that the Sony playstation was started as a development for Nintendo. I guess Nintendo wanted a CD based system and went to Sony because they pretty much invented the CD (along with Philips) but Sony wanted exclusive rights to the media made on those CDs. Then Nintendo went behind Sony's back to Philips and Sony decided to produce the game system anyway.

Makes me wonder if Nintendo stuck with Sony would Sony ever entered the gaming market. Hmmmm... food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    I'm getting my son an XBOX 360 for christmas, he wanted it last year but it wasn't happening.............he has no interest in the PS3 or WII

I suggest Gears of War to go with it. Awesome game!

Nintendo Vs Wii