PS3 and Wii releases this weekend! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PS3 and Wii releases this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by BOB IROC

I got my Wii Saturday night at a midnight launch, and I must say it is an f'in blast! The Mrs loves it so much I'm gonna get a Wii Remote for her so we can play Wii Sports together. She was skeptical until she actually played.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Marker
    ...She was skeptical until she actually played.
    I think that is how most people felt. I know I was a bit skeptical but then I played it in the store and now I am sold and so is my wife. I think this sytem will sell more once people play it. It is definately one of the most unique advances in video games since..... well ever.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

I would just like to say congrats to those that purchased Wii!! Possibly the best system on the market from a value stand point. I have yet to experience the remote play though. How is the accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by [joecomp]
    I would just like to say congrats to those that purchased Wii!! Possibly the best system on the market from a value stand point. I have yet to experience the remote play though. How is the accuracy?
    With the Add On IR Sensor that you mount on top of your TV (comes with the system) it is very good. I was only fortunate to experience the Wii sports games but I played bowling and Tennis and it was remarkably accurate. The little speaker inside the remote controller adds a nice touch too. It will be interesting how game developers use this technology to spawn a whole new way of gaming.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Quote Originally Posted by BOB IROC
    You know I was watching this Special on CNBC last night about the history of video games and I learned something about Nintendo and Sony. It turns out that the Sony playstation was started as a development for Nintendo. I guess Nintendo wanted a CD based system and went to Sony because they pretty much invented the CD (along with Philips) but Sony wanted exclusive rights to the media made on those CDs. Then Nintendo went behind Sony's back to Philips and Sony decided to produce the game system anyway.

Makes me wonder if Nintendo stuck with Sony would Sony ever entered the gaming market. Hmmmm... food for thought.
    That story is kind of skewed. Sony was indeed working with Nintendo and Philips and came up with that CDi disaster. Nintendo then went its way when philips contracted to build hardware for the 3d0 and Sony said screw it and built their own. Which with creative license agreements buried the 3d0.