Verdict on IE7.0??

Thread: Verdict on IE7.0??

Exclamation Verdict on IE7.0??

Hi, Dang its been a long time since I posted here.

Anyway, Whats the verdict on IE7.0??

All our computers here are wanting to auto-update to 7.0 but I have no clue if its debugged well enough yet. I have sort of drifted away from following PC's lately. Darn guitar amps been keeping us to busy.

So,,

Yes Do it?? or No It Sucks??

Trout

I have been waiting for the IE7 auto update and it hasn't been offered to me as yet, despite having 3 machines on autoupdate.... I am feeling left out

I know several people that love it, and about the same number who don't, but apart from the psapi.dll error theread here) I don't know of any problems.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I havent had any problems with it, but i use FF as my main browser and IE7 is more of a backup, so i havent spent much time using it.
    Current Specs
    1*Asus Maximus Formula, Q6600, 4GB DDR2, BFG 8600 GTS OC2, Raptor 80Gb, XP 32/64 bit, Vista 32/64 bit
    2*Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, Athlon64X2 4200+, 2GB DDR, PX6800GT, Raptor 80Gb, 400Gb, 320Gb, 300Gb, XP Pro + Vista
    3*Asus K8V-MX, Sempron 3000+, 512Mb DDR, 80Gb Raptor, 80Gb IDE, XP Pro
    4*HP Pavillion, Athlon64 3400+, 1.5GB RAM, Geforce 440 GO 64M, 80Gb IDE, XP Pro
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...az/userbar.gif

A few others also warned me, Stay away from it for now,

This being computers we rely on for business, If it goes south, Its a disaster.

We replaced all 6 computer I built a few months back due to a fluke lightening storm, ruined everything including 3 drives. So, you can understand why I am concerned.

Ours started trying to auto-update to IE7 saturday night. Well, 4 of the 6 anyway.

Trout

So far any problems I've experienced with IE7 have been with Quickbooks and are more properly Quickbooks issues than IE7 problems per se. Still, just like any other update, conflicts will certainly occur sometimes, so I would do a test machine first. Heck, I still have a client's computer that was just upgraded to XP Pro, and after 3 months I'm still trying to resolve some problems with Adobe Acrobat 5 (full version)!

Just upgraded a customer's machine to see if the psapi problem happens with AOL 9... it doesn't, but I have yet to deliver it and install the customer's own connection. Seems nice and nippy with the phishing filter off, a little slower with it on.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Just upgraded a customer's machine to see if the psapi problem happens with AOL 9... it doesn't, but I have yet to deliver it and install the customer's own connection. Seems nice and nippy with the phishing filter off, a little slower with it on.
    Ive got AOL on one of my computers, and had no problems with it either
    Current Specs
    1*Asus Maximus Formula, Q6600, 4GB DDR2, BFG 8600 GTS OC2, Raptor 80Gb, XP 32/64 bit, Vista 32/64 bit
    2*Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, Athlon64X2 4200+, 2GB DDR, PX6800GT, Raptor 80Gb, 400Gb, 320Gb, 300Gb, XP Pro + Vista
    3*Asus K8V-MX, Sempron 3000+, 512Mb DDR, 80Gb Raptor, 80Gb IDE, XP Pro
    4*HP Pavillion, Athlon64 3400+, 1.5GB RAM, Geforce 440 GO 64M, 80Gb IDE, XP Pro
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...az/userbar.gif