[RESOLVED] Ghost 2003 halting boot

Thread: [RESOLVED] Ghost 2003 halting boot

Resolved [RESOLVED] Ghost 2003 halting boot

Hi - I have a brand new PC here from a client. P4 3 gig, 512 Ram, 80 gig hard drive. I have loaded all MS patches and PC Cillin on it as well as Office 2003. Nothing else. I loaded ghost 2003 and went to image the finished product to a cd. Went through the procedure. Put in a cd and rebooted. Well the system locks on me as soon as Ghost kicks in. If I select return to windows it locks up as well. Furthermore it shuts me out of f8 to reach safe mode. Does anybody have any ideas, I'd hate to have to reload the whole darn thing from scratch. I've had no trouble in past use Ghost 2003 with a floppy to ghost drives but must admit I have raraley imaged to a CD. help

Chris P.

Hi Chris,

Very strange probem - you could try holding down the old shift key trick from the very very very first windows splash screen to try and invoke safe mode? Uninstall ghost and try reloading it. Sounds like a corrupt installation by all accounts to me.

Create a ghost boot disk... see if it just doesn't like the "dos" it uses. How many optical drives is there? What type? If you have a load of space on the hard drive and a separate partition, try ghosting to the partition in cd size chunks... if that works, there is something odd going on with the optical drive you are using.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

did you run all the live updates? Is the HD a SATA drive? I had the same issue, before I ran all the live updates. Try running the update more than once. this problem was with SATA drives thats why I asked!

Also make sure there are no use thumb drives plugged into the machine! While running the ghost operation

gentleman, thankyou for all your ideas. In the end I reloaded everything ans moved on. I was forced to download Acronis and image the work from a work sata drive back to the cleints sata drive. i actually needed this process for another PC over the weekend. It worked fine on both but I was dissapointed that the Acronis didn't allow me to direct the new image of the drive to a particluar partion as Ghost would. Hope Norton fixs this isse. Chris P.