Need modem Windows XP modem drivers for A1600N
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need modem Windows XP modem drivers for A1600N

Need modem Windows XP modem drivers for A1600N

Hi, I purchased an HP Pavillion A1600n and wiped the partition clean and now I did not get the modem drivers beforehand. Does anyone know where these drivers could be located? They are not on HP's website.

Welcome to Windrivers savr13 download everest and run it please

I checked out hp's website for the system specs, and they just told us what we already know... that there is a modem (D'oh!)

Everest should be able to identify the modem for you, or at least the motherboard and from there we can hunt it down.

Usually HP does this when windows already has the drivers... have you tried updating the drivers and selecting standard 56kb modem?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hello, savr13! I don't know the specific modem in that model, but if you download, install and run Everest Home Edition it will tell you what modem you have. You can then download drivers from the manufacturer's web site.

Edit:

Looks like Noo and I replied at virtually the same time! How often does that happen? Anyway, I'd already realized I could have been more clear. Since XP apparently failed to include a native driver for the modem, you will need to use Everest to identify the modem chipset at least. Even if it only tells you something like the modem has a Conexant 63xxxx (or Whatever) chipset, the chipset maker should have generic drivers posted that will usually work with almost all modems using that chipset. Drivers for a Standard 56K modem won't work for you because you have some flavor of a "winmodem" which uses software to emulate the controller chip on a "real" modem.
    Last edited by slgrieb; December 5th, 2006 at 03:30 PM. Reason: ships passing in the night

Everest could not identify modem :(

still not being recognized

This site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...3245022&dlc=en

says you have this onboard: 10/100 Marvell 88EC031

If Everest can't identify at least the chipset on the modem, it could mean the modem has failed, or that is some truly weird piece of hardware. Remove it from the computer and post any model numbers or FCC ID numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT
    This site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...3245022&dlc=en

says you have this onboard: 10/100 Marvell 88EC031
    That is an onboard network card, not a modem CCT.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

savr13 could you please post the motherboard report and the pci cards report from everest?

Is the modem internal (inside the box) or is it one that connects to a usb port, a serial (com) port or to the network port?

Is the modem you are talking about a dialup modem or a broadband modem?

To be able to help you, we need you to be our eyes and report what you see accurately.

In device manager, is there a "simple pci communications device" with a yellow question mark or an exclamation mark next to it?
    Last edited by NooNoo; December 6th, 2006 at 05:20 AM.

If that is the 'stock' modem and not the ethernet, that comp shipped with an accessory V92 56kps modem part no.5188-2907 by name of T-Rex Controllerless.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi...%29&catsel=%3F

Modem drivers here:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h...&lang=en&cc=us

You will note that the modem in question IS NOT listed.

??
    Last edited by CCT; December 6th, 2006 at 06:57 AM.

Registered User gerasvargas@yahoo.co's Avatar

Hello

Hi everyone,im here because i got about the same problem.
    i own an HP Pavilion a1710n Pc desktop and i just formated and removed vista from it.
    After installing windows XP and the drivers.i cannot connect to the internet,
    It says my connection is limited.
    When i try to get the ipconfig it only shows Ip Adress and the subet Mask,when i try to release and renew the inconfig it says there ocurred and error contacting my DHCP and the DNS.
    My firewall its set to off and everything else is fine.
    Please any help would be apreciated!

Thanks in advance.
    Edit:im not using a router and the 2 firewalls are off,windows firewall and nforce.

Welcome to Windrivers gerasvargas
    Is this a wireless laptop? How are you connecting to the internet - dialup? broadband? Does the ip address start 169.x.x.x?

try these for the a1600n modem

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...3245022&dlc=en

if these don't work then on the pc there should be a sticker with a product number such as 'c7654a' (just a example) go to hp.com and enter that number in the search option AFTER clicking the software and drivers link

Mine is pc desktop and im connecting using Broadband network adapter 10/100 Marvell 88EC031 and the ip adress dont start with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx.
    the drivers im running are the originals nic drivers.

Edit:btw anyone know how change my nickname?
    Last edited by [email protected]; February 29th, 2008 at 02:43 PM.

To change your nickname you have to private message Richard1 and ask for it to be changed, and tell him what you would like it changed to.

What does the IP start with?
    What broadband modem are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    To change your nickname you have to private message Richard1 and ask for it to be changed, and tell him what you would like it changed to.

What does the IP start with?
    What broadband modem are you using?
    Thenks for the help the modem is Broadband network adapter 10/100 Marvell 88EC031 .