Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Thread: Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Angry Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Hi im new to this thing, my LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S MY CDROM WAS WORKING FINE YESTERDAY THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN TODAY I TRIED TO BURN A CD TODAY AND IT DIDNT WORK THE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER OR ANY OTHER MEDIA PLAYERS ON THE COMPUTER DOSENT DETECT THE PLAYER. IT COMES UP ON THE DEVICE MANAGER AS....... Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37).

I TRIED TO UNINSTALL IT AND RE INSTALL IT AND IT SOES THE SAME THING, UPDATE IT IT WONT DO IT, SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES, THERES NONE. SO NOW IM STUCK. PLEASE HELP ME GET ON TRACK

Welcome to Windrivers shure akshun

First of all, all capitals is considered shouting and is also very difficult to read, so please be aware of your caps lock key!

Second, this is a common problem if you uninstall or install burning software or software that can process burning...

If this is XP follow the instructions here

If you are running Vista beware that some burning software is not completely compatible and causes these problems.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."