Logitech Mouse Question

Thread: Logitech Mouse Question

Logitech Mouse Question

I recently purchased a logitech mouse/keyboard and speakers in a combo package. The mouse and the keyboard are both wireless. For some reason the mouse makes a squeaking everytime I left click. I was thinking about purchasing another logitech mouse to replace that one. I was wondering if you would know if the other logitech mouse that I purchase would be compatible or not. Any info you have would be appreciated.

If you use that mouse ONLY on Christmas Eve it won't squeak (not a creature stirs, not even a mouse ya know!).

BUT, on a serious note, you could try a minimal application of a silicone or hydro-carbon based lubricant (do some searching).

So can I upgrade just the mouse or do I need to buy a new wireless mouse and keyboard combo?

It's in warranty, why would you buy another set? Call logitech (or email them) and get it replaced.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

You've got a point I'm just not sure if I still have the warranty paperwork or not does that matter?

Did you register with logitech?? Did you receive gear from Christmas present
    somebody else purchased??

How about just call Logitech and ask? I know microsoft just send you new stuff based on the serial number.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Since I don't have my receipt anymore and I don't have the original packaging nor can i find anywhere that the product is sold as a combo unit (including the logitech site) ,it looks like I'm S.O.L and will have new buy a new mouse and keyboard =(

As NooNoo said just call Logitech and most of the time they will just go by the serial number and they could care less about the packaging you return it in.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

Quote Originally Posted by TJS775
    Since I don't have my receipt anymore and I don't have the original packaging nor can i find anywhere that the product is sold as a combo unit (including the logitech site) ,it looks like I'm S.O.L and will have new buy a new mouse and keyboard =(
    Why assume the worse? As others have already said, contact Logitech and see what they say.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

I called and they're sending me a new mouse keyboard and speakers, I'm glad that I listened to you guys. Thanks for the help

When I researched this 'squeaky mouse' business, I found MANY people had the problem - perhaps was a bad batch.

In any event, it is good to know Logitech is standing behind their products once again.

Hurrah Logitech!

Other companies take note.

I have to say that I thought this was a complete windup - squeaky mouse post on christmas eve... who'da thunk it!