dvd/r - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: dvd/r

Hmmm... you do know that's at your own risk? Flashing firmware is always risky, using a different firmware riskier still!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yup, thanks though. I did read up on it first. because it's OEM it doesn't have firmware but the 5170 works. The drive is working much better and I have burned a few vid discs but still having minor issues compared to b4...

Which minor issues are left?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I actually have none now. I ended up updating my drivers for my chipset on my mainboard and voila. End of story.................

Another happy camper!

Thanks very much for your help and conversation. Take it heasy.

13 leafs where did you find that aw- 5170 driver, im still having the same problem

actually it was a firmware upgrade here
    http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/Optiarc-AD-5170A/

And I started having problems again with mine. Mine was external so i just took it apart and installed internally and now I have zero problems. Try that frimware up grade and you should be good to go. The only thing is uyou will lose and warrenty on your drive so be prepared for it. If you have XP it won't let you install the wrong firmware anyways. On the link there are 4 different firmwares, I downloaded "Dee's AD-5170A 1.02 Modified firmware".
    MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL IT. YOU WILL NEED TO BE IN SAFEMODE SO MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THE FILE SOMEHWERE OTHER THAN ON YOUR DESKTOP... Good luck...