Need some advice on a project I am working on for a customer:

Customer has an IBM E series X205 Windows 2000 Server, Pentium 4, 1GB RAM. Server is about 4 years old.

They want a fast but big external storage device for offloading digital pictures. (this is a photography studio). This would be a backup/archiving solution. The want at least 1 TB of storage.

I see several vendors have 1 TB solutions. LaCie has several, Maxtor and Western Digital also have some offerings. I assume all of these are 2 500GB drives as all come standard with a Raid 0 configuration. Do any of you recommend one brand over another? I know WD and Maxtor quite well, but LaCie is a little new to me.

What I want to do is put a Firewire 800 PCI card in their server, then connect the drive in this manner. WIth Raid 0 and Firewire 800, this should be a speedy setup I would think. No redundancy though, but this would be their redundancy.

I know there are probably better and faster solutions out there but they would be way more than they would want to spend I think....

I wanted to run this scenario by a few of you out there to see what you think....

THanks in advance....