[RESOLVED] FB620P

Thread: [RESOLVED] FB620P

aspro

Angry FB620P

I have just upgraded my MB (Asus CUV4X) and VC and everthing is working except my Canon FB620P scanner. The software and driver install ok however when I try and use it a dialogue box appears with "Other Error - Error Code: 0x10ff0800" Click "Ok". I have the parallel port set to ECP etc. I have tried different setting combinations in the BIOS. I have the lastest WIN98/Canon/Asus drivers and software. The scanner still works on my old MB so I'm sure its a BIOS setting. Could there be a setting on a different screen that I have missed? Does anyone have any ideas? Canon and Asus don't!

You might try going back into your BIOS settings and set the parallel port to EPP which allows that port to control more than one device. After making the changes, save the changes and exit the BIOS. Cycle the scanner power by unplugging the power adapter cord from your scanner and then plugging it back in. Reboot into Windows...hopefully, it will recognize your scanner and go through the Drivers Loading routine.
    Hope this helps you out...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

aspro

Thumbs up

Thanks DonJ, the scanner is now working on EPP even though the software thinks it is running on ECP S. Scanning is a little bit slower than before but the main thing it's working.

Thanks once again.

Question

Aspro, where are you from???

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.