PSAPI.DLL error message

Thread: PSAPI.DLL error message

PSAPI.DLL error message

PSAPI.DLL error message
    This is my first time on this forum so I am a complete novice here!

I am getting an error message on start up:

Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL

Welcome to Windrivers frank.

You may want to read this thread:
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthr...ight=PSAPI.DLL

Yup... the post you need to read carefully is the fix at the bottom of page one (Stuinn's post) of the thread that Shamus posted
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Why today? Why not yesterday???

Hi Folks

Found this site today after spending about 7 hours yesterday trying to solve the problem of why, after upgrading my daughter's computer to XP and getting IE7 update from Microsoft, I kept getting this error message each time the machine was rebooted! I was convinced it was something I had done wrong ....

So simple..........all I have to do now is visit her again and spend some time (probably another 7 hours) carrying out the suggestions on here.

Thank you all, I will definitely be back.

By the way there is a problem with her Home Page not opening properly, is that IE7 too or is that in fact me?

Thank you once again

Welcome to Windrivers Sassy

Define "properly"

Have you set the home page in the wizard or in settings, internet options?
    What ISP are you using?
    What search options?

There is only one real suggestion.. just find and rename the offending copy of psapi.dll
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi NooNoo
    Thank you for your welcome.

Not had a chance to tackle the PSAPI problem yet but I will thanks. Meanwhile daughter will just have to OK it each time she logs on!

By 'properly' I mean that although I have set the home page as Google in the settings internet options general tab, and that is not changing, the IE page that opens is a blank blue screen.
    We are using ntlworld.com broadband.
    Not sure what you mean by 'search options'.

Thanks again.

Search options was part of the wizard that ran when you first launched IE7 after it had updated.

Are you talking about the first page, or subsequent tabs opening?

Hows the weather in the potteries?

Hmmm our weather is windy and cold. We even had a little snow last week but at least the rain is staying away and I am glad of that especially when I walk the dogs.

Now to business:

When IE7 downloaded itself all I did was click on install, nothing else was asked for, it certainly never gave me any options????

It is the first (front) page of IE7 that opens with a blue but blank page despite the IE home page in Internet Options being set as Google.

I am running IE7 on my own computer and my front page opens with Google as instructed in the settings - perhaps it is something to do with the ISP (we have different ones).

Thanks for taking the time to help.

What tool bars are showing on the machine in question?

If you click refresh, do you get anything different?

If you click home, does it go to google?

The blue I think you might be talking about, could be the background to the initial page set by IE7 before configuration (msn.com)

If you have no toolbars installed (check add/remove programs for google, yahoo, ebay etc)
    Click Tools, internet options and check the settings (and reapply the settings) for tabs and search. Change the default page to current page (having navigated to google).

Ie7

I have found this in another thread somewhere and am copying it in here in case someone else might find it useful. It is a simple answer to my problem and I should probably have worked it out for myself but......dah!

In tools at top right hand of page go to internet options which is at the bottom, next go to the advanced tab at the top right and press reset at the bottom of that, it says not to do unless in an unusable state but it doesn't do any harm other than 1. fix problem and 2. you will have to reset your homepage to which ever you had before.

Thanks again for your kind help. Still got to go to daughter's and put the other problem right but I have every confidence that I can do that with the information gained from this site.

Thank you all

Our pleasure!

Our pleasure!