During the last ten years we have built up a regular customer base well into the thousands which includes exactly 23 Mac owners (30 machines in total). To a man (& woman) they all delight in telling me (and probably anyone else who will listen) how superior Mac's are over PC's.

All of them are on first name terms with both of us!! That is how well we've got to know them - fortunately Mac's in general are straightforward to fix when they do go wrong. Unfortunately as mentioned earlier, the parts are mostly bespoke and expensive compared to PC parts. Also can be difficult to source sometimes.

Got an old iMac on the bench at the moment with a faulty dial-up modem... Being a Mac of course the modem is "bound" (binded?) to the network port so it won't network either!! (Customer is wired broadband through a router).

Were it a PC I would simply remove / disable the modem as it's not used or needed but as it's a Mac I am forced to source and replace the exact part as the OS will throw a fit and fall over if I carry out any hardware changes!!! (been there before - got the tee shirt!!).

In my opinion, OS's up to 9 beat the hell out of the M$ offerings of the period (3.1 / 95 / 98) for speed / stability but OSX' regardless of updates or patches, never has been a serious competitor for 2K or XP - after all you can now specify XP as an install on a new Mac!!!

I still like Mac's though - they are very agreeable to use when set up and running properly..... just don't think I'll ever own one!

John