[RESOLVED] HP Scanner 6350

Thread: [RESOLVED] HP Scanner 6350

Post HP Scanner 6350

I have an HP 6350 scanner. It worked very well since I purchased it. Last week
    my scanning program informed me that it can
    no longer find the scanner. I checked with the HP support web site and followed their
    recommendations. What I found was that my drivers somehow got corrupted or erased. I decided to reinstall the drivers but dropped the CD (6300C series) which hit the corner of my desk while falling and was dammaged so badly that my CD drive cannot read it. The drivers are not available for downloading from HP. They say that the file are so big that dowloading is not practical. One has to buy a new CD. I ordered one but HP told me that there would be a wait since they do not have it in stock. So, I am stuck. Could some who has the 6300C Series HP ScanJen Scanner software please provide me with a copy? I will gladly send a check in advance for the CD and postage. Let me know how much and an address before you do it so that I can send a check in advance. Yes, this is a request for a copy of proprietary software, but if HP cannot serve its customers properly I see nothing wrong in asking for a copy especially since I ordered and paid for an original.
    I do not have a cable or DSTN modem so that downloading a long attachment is almost not an option.

Thank you.

Joseph Arditti

The link below takes you to HP's site for directions on loading the ScanJet software...as you can see, there are several programs as well as the actual driver itself.
    http://support.hp.com/showpage/cat_i.../bps03481.html

The link below will take you to HP's site for updating the drivers/programs.
    http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindex...8417_swen.html

If none of this helps you out, you may just have to wait until HP ships out the CD-ROM to you.

Sorry I couldn't be more help...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!