Plasma Connections Issue

Thread: Plasma Connections Issue

Plasma Connections Issue

Doing a project where we purchased a plasma tv for a conference room. Basically I need to connect 2 pcs/laptops to it. The plasma comes with 1 vga port, and I do not want the users to have to unplug/replug into another device. I want one cable on the table for laptops and a permanent pc located in a cabinet connected. I have run vga cable to both locations. You should see the problem by now, 1 port, 2 devices.

So how do I share the one vga port? Will a simple y adapter do the trick? I would split it at the plasma and connect it to the 2 vga cables that run to their respective locations I guess. We will only use one at a time obviously.

I have a few other options I guess. The plasma has several inputs. DVI, Component, S video, etc. The desktop PC has a vid card with a dvi plug, but I cannot get a dvi cable easily in the wall due to the size of the end. I do not have the means to make a dvi cable either. So I am making this a last resort option of fishing this cable through.

I have some dvi to vga adapters so I tried to use those but it would not work. I think the plasma wants dvi input there and will not allow the signal through a vga cable through a dvi plug. I really thought this would work.

What about the component jacks (RCA). Any adapter that I could convert them to vga? Or Svideo for that matter.....

Any ideas? This seems simple enough but is perplexing me....

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks NooNoo but I think I need to go deeper. I looked at something like this but 2 issues. First is I have no where to put this box. Ideally, It would have to be put somewhere behind the plasma, which is mounted on the wall. If I were to put a box like this somewhere else, I would have to re-route video cable back through the conduit.. Secondly, my customers would not like to manually switch the box..... You know how customers are...lol

Thanks

What's the budget for this? There are auto sense switches as well...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."