error with readyboost

Thread: error with readyboost

error with readyboost

hi all, hoping i can find some help to my problem, it's annoying to say the least.

all psyched by the promises of readyboost, i went out and bought me a kingston elite pro 2gb SD flash card, since my laptop has a flash card reader and i didn't want a thumbdrive sticking out. it worked fine for a few days.

then one day i wanted to put in another card into the same drive. when i wanted to safely eject, it wouldn't let me, said something was still accessing it. i then put the machine to sleep, took out the card and popped my other one in. later, when i put back the SD card, things started going to hell. when i try to open it, it'd say "Please insert disk into drive". plus the icon changed from being an sd card to a regular disk drive. it wouldn't read the drive at all.

i thought i'd bricked the card, but then when i popped it into my friend's machine (non-vista) just for the heck of it, i realised that it was still working. i went back to my own, switched off readyboost, and the card worked fine.

i can only come to the conclusion that readyboost is malfunctioning somehow. everytime i switch on readyboost it would fail to recognise that card, and only that card, all my other flash media would work fine.

i don't know how to fix this problem. kingston doesn't release any drivers, i can't update my drivers because vista insists that they're the most recent and that there's nothing wrong with them. personally i don't even think it's a driver problem anymore, it's just readyboost.

is there anyway i can fix this? 'cause i really want to use readyboost, and it's just tragic that it refuses to read my card. any help is greatly appreciated!

cheers

Welcome to Windrivers agntcarter

When you say "put your machine to sleep"

Do you mean you shut it down, put it in standby or hibernate or what?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."