Driver Needed for LiteOn LH-18A1P

Thread: Driver Needed for LiteOn LH-18A1P

Driver Needed for LiteOn LH-18A1P

Hey guys I've been trying to find a driver disk ( or download ) for my dvd-rw drive and I went to the lite on site all they had was firmware I tryed to install it and I kept getting an error saying I don't have the device that its made for.
    I have been looking on google but still have been unsuccesful. Help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    "Be at ease with your decisions. Do not think too much or else you'll find yourself paralyzed in a point of hesitation"

ALL IDE dvd drives are driven by the same drivers that drive the ide hard drives (I dare you to say that 5 times fast!).

What you need is burning software, or you may need to install the motherboard chipset drivers. What windows are you running with what service pack?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

xp pro sp2
    "Be at ease with your decisions. Do not think too much or else you'll find yourself paralyzed in a point of hesitation"

well the thing is i never had to do it before when i had my aopen ( which is what i just put back in ) and now that one slowed down to 4x
    its weird
    it a 52x cd-rw drive
    :/
    Last edited by Roky; March 20th, 2007 at 04:31 PM.

Then possibly the cable is suspect...
    a cdrw can be burned with xp without extra burning software... a dvd can't with xp. Did you get any cds with the liteon?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

maxwell cd-rw disks
    just regualr cd's the cable is like brand new the cd rom cord is
    i just put this damn thing together like 3 months ago

Noo is certainly right about the driver thing, and if your old drive works correctly (slow is another issue) I'd say that eliminates a problem with the cable. So...

First I'd verify jumper settings for the LiteOn drive. I know you already did, but double check. Second, if you are really certain you downloaded the correct firmware for your drive, and it wasn't recognized, I would suspect that you may have gotten a defective drive. Laugh all you want, but trust me, it isn't as unusual as mfgs would like you to think.

As for the slow burn speed for your old drive, that may just have been caused by your burning software trying to adapt to your new drive. Burning programs often automatically slow the burn speed down if there are unsuccessful burns or problems detecting the drive. Check your burning software and see if the burn speed can be changed manually, or if any auto detect settings are disabled.

What is your burning software roky? Oh and what version?

http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?...1&limitstart=2

exact link where I got my firmware. Updated everything for me.
    I had a rollback on my computer to to a virus. And when i came abck, I didnt not have my driver to burn cd's so I used this.

Hope it helps. Made an acct just to post this lol

I am not sure what is soooo hard to understand about the fact that it is not a driver as such to burn a cd/dvd.
    It is a program like nero or roxio or somesuch.
    That file at Liteon is a "firmware patch
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

I'll be grateful if you help me to resolve this problem

I have LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1P, it can read and write cd but can't read or write any dvd.

Welcome to WinDrivers, sham.

The best thing to try first is to prove if the drive can actually read a DVD. Try to boot the system from a bootable DVD, such as a Vista install DVD or a Linux Live DVD such as often come with computer magazines (or can be made from a downloadable iso). If the drive can't read a DVD to boot up from, then unless cleaning the laser lens cures it, the DVD section has failed. That's fairly common, usually the DVD section of the dual laser wears out.

If it reads the DVD & boots up to Linux or the Vista install, then we could investigate further, but there's no point looking at other things until we're sure if the drive hasn't simply failed. Fortunately DVD burners are not expensive to replace.