In Search of a Web Host

Thread: In Search of a Web Host

Question In Search of a Web Host

Hello everyone.

I am not sure if this is the most appropriate place to put this question, but it seems to be the closest to the tipic.

I am looking for a good host. I have been browsing the net trying to find somebody that looks good. I have tried Yahoo! but for some reason it appeared to me they were way too slow.

Please post any suggestions. I need MySQL and PHP w/ ZLIB, preferably on Apache. Everything else I am not really going to use, except of course and FTP account .

Additionnaly, I would like to request permission to post a link to a website that appears to be good, but I don't want to look like I am trying to advertise it or anything. I could also use a review about them. They seem to be a new company and I can't be sure how reliable is the information they claim.

Thanks everyone.
    Happy Computing!
    If con is the opposite of pro, what's the oppisite of progress?

-----------

I mean, if I went round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away! - Monty Python

I use ICDSoft. Has everything you need, they are reasonable priced and very good support.

www.icdsoft.com

emr

Peshek, you can post a link to a webhost you want opinions on without fear... we know you are not spamming. Spam is a new user signing up and then asking about a website (which happens to have the same IP as the poster!).
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks emr.

The host I stumbled upon (literally) is http://www.crucialwebhost.com/. Since I "stumbled upon" them, I can't in good consciouns just trust them. I see the copyrite at the bottom says 2006-2007 and I think to myslf - not very experienced. I like seein at least 5 years - most businessess fail in 3-4 so with 5 you could be reasonable certain they are not just going to dissapear overnight.

However, what I am most concerned is the ration between what they claim you get and what you have to pay for it. ALL THAT... for $9.99... seems way TOO much for way too little money.

Plan OverviewSilverGoldPlatinumDisk Space250 GB500 GB1,000 GBData Transfer2,500 GB5,000 GB10,000 GBMonthly Price$9.99* / mo$19.99* / mo$49.99* / mo

Ans this is the *:
    * All shared hosting plans that are paid on a monthly basis require a non-refundable $49.99 setup fee.

In any event, check them put please and let me know what you think.

Thank you.

P.S.: NooNoo, thanks to you as well. I will have that in mind next time .
    Last edited by peshek77; March 21st, 2007 at 07:20 AM.
    If con is the opposite of pro, what's the oppisite of progress?

-----------

I mean, if I went round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away! - Monty Python

Peshek, i don't know if this is an option that's available to you, but i know some service providers can give a static IP address at a decent price, (for me, it's about $15/month more then regular internet) and i host my own webserver running linux. Get a UPS, a half decent system and your good to go with whatever setup you want.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Take a look at godaddys hosting plans. They are a huge very reputable company with very competitive pricing along with some great free PHP bonus packages (around 32 to choose from) FREE
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666