Creative AudioPCI (ES1373,ES1373) (WDM)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creative AudioPCI (ES1373,ES1373) (WDM)

Creative AudioPCI (ES1373,ES1373) (WDM)

I do not have any sound on my computer because either I am not installing the right drivers for my Creative AudioPCI (ES1373,ES1373) (WDM) or I am not doing it correctly. I apologize for making a new thread about a topic that there are already so many threads on but I have read pretty much every single thread of them and none seem to work for me. I am running:

Operating System
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Main Circuit Board
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4V533-MX Rev 1.xx
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1005.001 09/19/2003

Processor
    3.07 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
    8 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Also I built my computer myself so it is not a "Dell" or a "Gateway" or anything like that. I am not sure how much of this information matters but I thought it would probably be helpful if I put it out there anyways. If anyone could help me get sound on my computer that would be greatly appreciated!

--Casey

Welcome to Windrivers Casey

The quick answer is to run out to the shops and get a cheapie sound card - cmedia based ones are quick and easy.

The long answer is that while XP has basic support for this chipset, the actual drivers rarely have and often stop working. According to the motherboard you have got Avance sound onboard and not creative. the avance drivers are here

Unless of course, you have the onboard sound turned off and you are using a pci sound card? If so, then you need to post full details of the pci sound card.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I am trying to use a PCI card. I do not really know what you want to know about my sound card. I inspected it and saw that it says something like "model : CT5803" on it. Hope that helps!

--Casey

How would i go about turning the onboard sound on or off? It might be easier to just take the PCI card out and use the onboard sound. Also the link that you gave me does not seem to be working. It loads for a very long time then says it can not display the page.

--Casey

Sorry spoke too soon got the website you sent me to work! But nonetheless my problem is not fixed...

--Casey

OK, the onboard sound is probably turned off in bios. Asus have a screen do you don't see the message... but when it starts, hit the del key when you see the Asus splash screen. If you don't have an Asus splash screen, hit the del key when you see the bios version message - you have to be quick!

That gets you into the bios menu, here is the asus download page select your motherboard model and download the manual. The manual covers the bios menu system and you can follow it to turn on your onboard sound.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Well I got it to work all thanks to you NooNoo! Thanks A LOT!!!

It being the onboard sound? Glad to help!

yea it being onboard

--Casey

Exclamation Almost the same problem

NooNoo, I notice you're the mod here so I thought I should say first, the two other posts I tried making new did not post correctly, which is why I am replying to this thread, in hopes this one will post. I am having almost the same problem here, I just upgraded from ME to XP (fresh install) on one of my older computers and now the audio is barely there (I can hear it only faintly). I have been unable to locate the proper update drivers on the Cicero website (makers of this computer) as they say my serial number for the computer I have is invalid. Any help?

Belarc Analysis of my system:

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

System Model:
    STI CS
    System Serial Number: 815618

Main Circuit Board:
    867 megahertz Intel Pentium III
    32 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Seanix Technology (Canada) Inc. Finlay 693A
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 4.51 PG 09/22/00

Multimedia
    Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)
    Game Port for Creative
    Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

My audio is also onboard, if that helps out any! Hopefully this posts this time!

Hi Phrozen.

The native XP driver for the AudioPCI chip typically doesn't work properly with on-board sound.

Looks like you should be able to download and install the correct drivers from Seanix:

http://www.seanix.com/downloads/Driv..._me_w2k_xp.zip

I see Platypus got you sorted... did it work Phrozen?

It sure did work! Worked without a single problem! Ironically (after I had my problem solved) I was installing some windows updates, and under the hardware category I saw there was a specific patch for this very problem Creative AudioPCI (ES1373,ES1373) (WDM). Looks like quite a few people have had this problem. -Phrozen

sound card driver for my creative es1373

after reinstall of my xp i lost my sound card driver so please send me address of creative es 1373 sound card driver address

siraj_anwar11, hello.

You must provide information about your hardware.

Make/model of computer or motherboard.