Docs Snaping to New Position when saving

Thread: Docs Snaping to New Position when saving

Docs Snaping to New Position when saving

Strange that when I open a excel doc and make a change and save it snaps to the next available position on my desktop to the left (all are on the right where I put them) of my screen. If I do not alter it it will stay put. Word document do not do this. Any idea why this would happen? Annoying to say the least. This is Vista Ultimate.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

I can see what is occurring but can't figure out why. When I edit a doc a temp is place on the desktop in the background to the left of my screen in the next available position and when you save the doc the temp disappears and the changed file then moves itself and appears in its place. This only happens with excel files.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

Stumped ya huh? I will consider its because its a new system.

Do you by chance have it set to show hidden files and folders and to not hide protected operating system files? If you do and you set those options back to defaults does it still occur?

Nope. Everything is at default other then I shut off UAC. Was driving me nuts.

If you look in Excel options where is auto recover set to save the file?