IE7 loses internet connection

Thread: IE7 loses internet connection

IE7 loses internet connection

I have this strange problem where for no reason what so ever I lose my internet connection and IE7 will not load any web pages. To fix the problem I have to reboot.
    Its not my router as I still have a solid connection to the internet via wireless from my laptop.

It will happen all of a sudden and I havent been able to pinpoint it to anything in particular that Ive done. I have good Anti virus and spyware protection as well.

Any suggestions??

well...lets ask the obvious..How do you know its not the router? have you gone to another hotspot and repeated the problem? Just for giggles try resetting the router. Next question would be how long has it been since you done a thourough virus and spyware scan, not the ones that are done automatically...need to find out if something has snuck thru and is rearing its ugly head

I had a similar problem - it was the modem desyncing.. which compounded with the phishing filter gone mad and a couple of corrupt addins drove me nuts.

Start by disabling all add-ons.
    Last edited by NooNoo; May 21st, 2007 at 10:40 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

In a similar vein to Noonoo's suggestion, try running IE7 without add-ons first (before going through the hassle of disabling them in "normal" IE7):

Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools--> Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

For reference: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

-<MG>

It would be helpful to know how you connect to the 'Net, and whether you use your router's logging feature.

I don't know about others, but I find that if I spend enough time on websites that use Flash, sooner or later my browser (Firefox 2.0) stops loading pages and requires a reboot. The current player is better than the older versions, but it still craters eventually.