USB 2.0 Firewire PCMCIA combo CardBus not working on a Lenovo T60p

Thread: USB 2.0 Firewire PCMCIA combo CardBus not working on a Lenovo T60p

USB 2.0 Firewire PCMCIA combo CardBus not working on a Lenovo T60p

Hi everyone! I recently bought a generic brand PCMCIA USB Firewire combo CardBus, and when I insert it in my laptop It seems to recognize it and installs drivers for it. However, when I plug anything (usb or firewire) in the card nothing happens. I also noticed that in the device manager that it says a 1394 net adapter cannot start (code 10). I have a Lenovo T60p running Win XP SP2. I did a search on this and found that other members had this exact problem, but I didn't really find a solution. I also have a cd that came with the PCMCIA card, that is supposed to have drivers on it, but I can't really seem to find them; all I can find is an installation file for Ulead Videostudio 8 and other seemingly random files. Can someone PLEASE help I would LOVE to use this since my laptop only comes with 3 measly usb ports! Thanks!

This is often a problem with the generic cards, as you have noticed.

Code 10 is a lack of resources and sometimes a lack of power. Start by finding bios updates for your exact model of lenovo and turning off any items you don't use like onboard modem, serial or parallel ports in bios. Then update the chipset drivers and the cardbus drivers.

Do all of this with the pcmcia card removed.

Now try again.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for the reply, I just recently updated the bios, however do you mean turn off items in the device manager or actually restart and go in to bios to do this? Can you give me a short walkthrough?

Ok I went into bios and disabled the internel modem, and the parallel port, (ther serial port was already disabled). I then updated bios again, and the chipset drivers. And I reinstalled the Cardbus controller, Still my PCMCIA Cardbus doesn't work. Anything else?