Hi All,

My Windows XP Home will not allow drivers on board for a Human interface device Saitek AV8R Classic Stick (USB)
I have exhausted possibilities with the makers Tech Support The final comment being This is known issue with Windows XP.

I can see the stick in Device manager with an exclamation mark

Windows update recognises the product hasn't a driver and attempts to update.It doesn't complete the update.

Click on the stick in Device manager with exclamation mark displays message(The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)). Click To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver. results in hardware wizard message please select the best match for yor hardware from the list below with two saitek file locations on my computer in the box
Locations C\windows temp and Windows Update with same file, Saitek AV8R Classic Stick (USB)5.6.0.54. Selecting one results in Hardware Wizard message Cannot install this hardware:Saitek AV8R Classic Stick (USB) An error occured during the installation of the device The Data is invalid.

Whatever I do the end result is this message.

The stick is OK as I tried I installed on another machine and It was recognised and picked up generic drivers and ran the test routine for joysticks in XP

Is there any way I can get the drivers into the correct locations in XP

Cheers, Clive