Slow Computer Help needed

Thread: Slow Computer Help needed

hello to all im not to good at spelling so bear with me thanks.
    wen i trun on my pc it is slow it takes 2.30 just to get to the the windows logo it loads up the desktop good still it ues to take only 45sec to get to the windows logo what will fix this is like my hd just stops to think all some thing i have flashed my bios and got ned hd and new 512 but still the same i am stumped any help wood be good thanks oh im uesing windows xp home and Mrb is asus p5gd1-vm i have all so tryed seting bios to faktry setings and have replaced battery hope yous can under stand me ..

hi there any help on this wd be good as iv been on this for 2 weeks now
    ok here goes wen i hit the power butten it takes 2.30sec to get to the welcome sign it ues to take 30sec now it sits on the mrb screen for 1.17sec and stops again after the windows logo the 1 befor the welcome screen for 1.13sec and then loads desktop this is what iv done to try to fix it flashed bios set default boot oder reformatted new HD new 512 mry still the same ..now i have got a new bute hammer thats where im at (windows XP home)asus mrb p5gd1-vm
    Last edited by NooNoo; June 6th, 2007 at 04:43 AM.

you have a new hard drive and a new load and still have the same issue?

Firstly check the startup menu from start/run and type msconfig go to right hand tab and uncheck all unneeded software. Check the control panel hardward devices to see if all are installed correctly. Test power supply and make sure power supply is bigger enough to carry load of drives and roms.

Did this also happen when you first loaded the new drive or did it start to occur after drivers or after programs were installed.

Is your network set up correctly on the system.

did you try changing out your cables (ide or sata)

what other devices are installed... cards/usb and so on?

I would be looking at your motherboard next and doing some testing on it to see if its all working correctly.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

tanks for your time . ok i got up and trun my pc on and thats how it is now .this is what iv dune to try to fix it.flashed bios .new HD...new 512 memory and a fresh copy of windows and set bios to default and its still the same it just sits there on the mrb screen for 1.17sec and then it sits inbetween the windows load and the wellcome screen for 1.13sec then all loads up good from there

Also, check your jumper settings on the hard drives, I have seen the wrong settings work, albeit slowly.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

its a sata HD its still the same as it was be for all the new gear was put in i put all the new gear in to try to fix the problem

i have tryed all of the abuv and its still the same is there a way of testing the mrb ???

Did you load windows from scratch or use a ghost or acronis image?

You can try connecting the sata to another sata port and you should also check the manual for the bios settings for SATA. It may be that you have not got the right driver loading in windows as well.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

yes cd copy of windows... theres only 1 copy on the HD. ill go chek the rest u talk about thanks for your time

ok have tryed prot 2 for sata still the same all up dates r goood my cd is xp sp2 home

If I understand you correctly you said you flashed the bios.....

is this a retail board or oem? did you get the right bios to flash it with?

try reseating your memory
    try reseating all cables and check cables for nicks..
    try removing all cards and accessories, get the computer down to the bare neccessities and reboot You should only have video card and hard drive and memory hooked up to motherboard. If you still have the problem one of these 4 things is going on you......

it has a programe that came with the mrb to flash it and up date it so it is all the right stuff and all of the ubuve has been dune thanks for your input

ok first id like to thank all who has helped me out on this THANKS VERY MUCH now im going to tell you what it was OMG i still carent beleve this my self i pulled down my hole computer and tok out the bored and all and some ANTs hand made a home on the mothere bored LOL so i clend it and its all good now no1der i called not find the problem lol thanks again to alll

Ants? as in

Wow, yep they would cause a few problems!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

yes aNTs LoL

Huh, I usually only find spiders or the occasional dessicated wasp...
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz