Sly Stallone
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sly Stallone

Sly Stallone

Has anyone seen the new Rocky Balboa and John Rambo trailers?

I personally think that Sly is past it now and I can't imagine going to see a "rocky" movie starring great grandpa Stallone. Mind you the Rambo trailer looks pretty good.

Sylvester must have thought no one remembered him or he has run out of money so its sequel time again for a whole new generation..

caution - the Rambo Trailer is gory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttxKIA_AxU
    Rocky Trailer Above

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/...ature-trailer/
    Rambo Trailer
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

I never got into those films, I like to understand what someone is saying....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I think he mumbles even more in Rambo now.. it must have something to do wioth avoiding cracking the facelifts.

or that much botox and steroids his face is frozen

It is the antithesis of a "chick flick", us guys love those type of shoot-em-up movies. I guess it is true that the male of the species never really grows up... Welcome back, Mayet!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guts3d
    It is the antithesis of a "chick flick", us guys love those type of shoot-em-up movies. I guess it is true that the male of the species never really grows up... Welcome back, Mayet!
    Yeah, the most we ever mature is to the point where we say what a horrible movie that is while a little voice in our heads goes, "hehehe, yay, explosions!"
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Lest we forget, a good steamy shower scen can sometimes catch our attention..
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Quote Originally Posted by FatalException0E
    Yeah, the most we ever mature is to the point where we say what a horrible movie that is while a little voice in our heads goes, "hehehe, yay, explosions!"
    Oh I am all for that kind of movie - I just like to be able to understand the lead character! Even Arnie is easier to understand.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I am with NooNoo, I love action I have the total Arnie collection, Total Bruce Willis in fact most of my hundreds of movies are action.... I need to releax with the shoot em ups after a stressful day, something we all need..

but.. I never "got into" Stallone.. he mumbles and he just hasn't got "it"

I mean Harrison Ford makes a better action man than him.. even now today at their ages...

stallones just all wrong.... hes dumb

Hey guys, long time no speak!

I've seen Rocky 6, it was ....disturbing but I'm a fan of Rocky 1 - 4 (note I left out 5 on purpose)

As for Rambo, well I will watch it but I doubt I'll enjoy it, I think he is a bit over the hill, going through a bit of a crisis and trying to regain his youth maybe

WB, Philski! Agreed that Arnie, Willis and Sly are over the hill, but who is going to replace them? I can't see Orlando Bloom or Toby McGuire bulking up and shooting off bazookas...

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    I thought Rocky Balboa was a very good movie, imho. It had a good story line.

The Rock was supposed to be the next Arnie but he ain't done much lately

Being a fan of Boxing and MMA I have always been a Rocky fan.
    I think this movie was Stallones final attempt to set straight the Rocky legend after Rocky V.

To me the plot seemed to basically be the Goerge Foreman story, so as far believability it's been done by more than one champion. As for a rating, if you were a fan of the the Rocky's movie you'll like it.

what we need is a hero, pleasant looking, big build with nicely bulked muscles, sense of humour, sexy and with a decent voice... none mentioned above can speak proper like on screen...

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    what we need is a hero, pleasant looking, big build with nicely bulked muscles, sense of humour, sexy and with a decent voice... none mentioned above can speak proper like on screen...
    That's just the thing, Rocky and Rambo movies aren't about the speaking. Although the last one does have a nice meaning/message to it.