Sly Stallone - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sly Stallone

Dang, Mayet! This fantasy is getting pretty hard to satisfy, since I don't act. I'm guessing Harrison Ford my not cut the muscle requirement, so might I humbly suggest Vin Diesel, Wesley Snipes, Denzel Washington, or (if your are into older burnouts) Mickey Rourke v 2.1?

Oh, I've got it! How about Mark Ruffalo?

[edit] Well, that "sense of humor" requirement might still present a stumbling block.
    Last edited by slgrieb; June 15th, 2007 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    what we need is a hero, pleasant looking, big build with nicely bulked muscles, sense of humour, sexy and with a decent voice... none mentioned above can speak proper like on screen...
    I meet MOST of these requirements ...

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    Dang, Mayet! This fantasy is getting pretty hard to satisfy, since I don't act. I'm guessing Harrison Ford my not cut the muscle requirement, so might I humbly suggest Vin Diesel, Wesley Snipes, Denzel Washington, or (if your are into older burnouts) Mickey Rourke v 2.1?

Oh, I've got it! How about Mark Ruffalo?

[edit] Well, that "sense of humor" requirement might still present a stumbling block.
    Vin Diesel isnt attractive.. he makes a better villian
    Wesley snipes is tooo black.. the man glistens and shines and all you can see is his eyeballs.. not attractive and makes a terrible leading man.. horrid in a sex scene wouldnt wet anyones panties
    Harrison Ford was great almost perfect.. the thinking womens hero.. bumbling, nerdy but strong handsome and resourceful
    Mickey rourke is as ugly as a hatful of buttholes ..he was kewl in harley davidson and the marlboro man though
    don johnson was ok as the hero but too old now
    and densel washington can't act out of his "standard role". I've watched him and he can't adapt characters very well, he basically plays the same character over and over

and who the heck is mark buffalo?
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Thank you Mayet! That last post was the best laugh I've had in days! Well, what attracts people to each other often just isn't logical, and there really isn't any accounting for tastes.

For fun, you might want to look at some old work by a couple of these actors. Major League for a very young, skinny, and funny Snipes. The Pope of Greenwich Village may be Rourke at his best, and I promise you'll be surprised if you haven't seen it. Mickey Rourke v 1.0. He also has a small but excellent role in Body Heat which is certainly worth watching for its own sake. Over and over in fact. I'll be right back after the cold shower.

Ruffalo has been in lots of productions, and maybe gets less credit than he deserves. I think you would be most interested in his performance opposite Meg Ryan in In The Cut.

Funny enough I am a hollywood head and movie buff but I dont know of Buffalo... I haven't seen In the Cut though..and there ain't too many movies I havent seen.. I'll have to hire it

I tell you something I watched the departed last week.. it made me laugh when it seemed the author ran out of storyline so he killed off most of the main characters in a gory way...I like those movies though with cameo's by other stars and many major players....

I will concede snipes was ok in passenger 57 but just not sexy
    Last edited by Mayet; June 17th, 2007 at 05:35 PM.

It's hard to put a finger on "sexy". Metaphorically speaking, of course. Take a look at Viggo Mortensen (pre Lord of the Rings) with Diane Lane is in A Walk on the Moon Maybe I should turn this thread over to my spouse, since she might be in a better position to comment.

Nah! That wouldn't be any fun! Never mind. I'll just hang in no matter how tough it gets.

Now Diane Lane had screen appeal...loved her in streets of fire with Michael Pare.. now he was gay as pink..but he was still sexy and played a good leading man.. a true hero.. and once again he mumbled... he was great in the Philadelphia experient with that dumb blonde chick who I would have to slap everytime she opened her mouth near me

Jake Gyllenhall has the potential to be the next Harrison Ford...

but then see ....I dont like Brad Pitt... not my type at all

and Tom Cruise is a dweeb..has anyone ever seen him in The Outsiders? he ruined a perfectly good movie.. he is soo gay and soo non testosterone supported I'm sure he got no gonads whatsoever

Nah Hollywood lacks leading men....
    Last edited by Mayet; June 18th, 2007 at 02:12 PM.

Most actors, whether male or female, don't look terribly good in everyday life. Without their makeup, hairpieces, and/or "enhancements" they're nothing, and with them they look plastic.

I'll stick with real people.
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

I liked Viggo Mortenson in "A History Of Violence".

A long way removed from Aragorn.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    Most actors, whether male or female, don't look terribly good in everyday life. Without their makeup, hairpieces, and/or "enhancements" they're nothing, and with them they look plastic.

I'll stick with real people.
    Spiffy you would make a great hero... disguised by day as a mild mannered nuclear containment physicist but by night.. Spaceman Spiff...

One day deep in the dark dark forest.. one of the mild mannered nuclear containment device physicist 's containment devices went horribly wrong.. exposing him to deathly gamma rays .. That day the mild mannered nuclear containment device physicist was deep deep in the jungles on mongomongoblabla, setting up his containment devices to capture the energy of a total eclipse of the sun inside a large modified block of pure radium.

The experiment began as the Earth dipped into the shadows of the eclipse, the mild mannered nuclear containment device physicist opened his device and activated his radium but Just as the shadows crept towards the device an extremely large meteorite with krypton like properties smashed into Earth totally obliterating the device and everything within a 100 mile radius. The Radium, eclipse and strange krypton like meteorite fused with the mild mannered nuclear containment device physicist creating SPACEMAN SPIFF
    Last edited by Mayet; July 3rd, 2007 at 01:01 AM.

Funny you mention Gyllenhall. My wife refused to watch Brokeback Mountain for months because she worried that she might have two of her favorite fantasies damaged. Now in our household, I'm the only one who actually rents movies. See, if you rent the movie, you pay the late fees. So, if you return the empty box for Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and then find the actual DVD under the kids bunk bed 2 weeks later...

Anyway, when she finally decided to take the plunge, she tried the subtle approach. "You know, Anne Hathaway is naked in this." I said I knew that but I had already seen Havoc which was far more explicit. After a moment of silence, she said, "Buster, you're renting this!" Doggone if she wasn't right. Hey, I don't just know "roll over", I can also sit up and speak on command. Begging? Got that one down cold too!

Anyway, after some discussion, Heath, Jake, and Viggo got two thumbs up (euphemistically speaking), as did Luke and Owen Wilson. My daughters (9 and 12) allowed as how the Jonas Brothers were really cute.

Ah now the WIlson boys..

Luke makes a great hero maybe a tad too quiet
    Owen is fantastic I love his movies .. he makes me laugh

There was a movie I was watching last week and danged if I can remember what it was now but the lead was terrible and I was thinking how much better owen wilson would have been doing the lead....

man now I am going to be wracking my pea brain until I remember

and another movie that p*ssed me was Fantastic Four.... the rubber dude should not have been there.. he did not suit the role of hero in any way shape or form.. he wasn't "nice" he did not have the on screen personality for the role.. hence he stuffed up the whole ambience.. he didn't fit, the other stars bounced so well off each other and he was just dead in the water partnered with Alba..... that kinda role Gyllenhall would have done better.. he can play the nerdy dude as well as the strong hero...

I still say that the dude from Sweet Home Alabama was great as the hero.... he played the best role in that movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    Spiffy you would make a great hero... disguised by day as a mild mannered nuclear containment physicist but by night.. Spaceman Spiff...

One day deep in the dark dark forest.. one of the mild mannered nuclear containment device physicist 's containment devices went horribly wrong.. exposing him to deathly gamma rays .. That day the mild mannered nuclear containment device physicist was deep deep in the jungles on mongomongoblabla, setting up his containment devices to capture the energy of a total eclipse of the sun inside a large modified block of pure radium.

The experiment began as the Earth dipped into the shadows of the eclipse, the mild mannered nuclear containment device physicist opened his device and activated his radium but Just as the shadows crept towards the device an extremely large meteorite with krypton like properties smashed into Earth totally obliterating the device and everything within a 100 mile radius. The Radium, eclipse and strange krypton like meteorite fused with the mild mannered nuclear containment device physicist creating SPACEMAN SPIFF
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! You're got a wonderful imagination!!
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

My older kids learned to read late because I never read them stories I make up stories to tell them.. i think they sound boring but the kids love them.. they have a set of charcters.. a baby dragon who has no name. Natasha the fairy with a set of gold wings.. and the bestest.. the obbly goblin... the obbly goblin stole all the oranges in the land a couple of weeks ago and turned the country blue.. the kids had to fly with Natasha to the land of the smurm to beg the obbly goblin to give back the oranges...

I should write them down sometime.. the older kids are funny, quite often if im busy doing something i see them sitting down with the younger ones telling them stories now..

heck it keeps em quiet .. even if i have to wrack my brain for new tales