Sly Stallone - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sly Stallone

Yeah, I've done the same thing with my kids...make up stories on the fly when they were young and wanted a bedtime story. I made the mistake of telling about a fox and a bear in the woods. They wanted that story over and over again, but with different variations. I got so tired of trying to figure out new situations that I said one day: "There was a fox and a bear in the woods. The bear ate the fox. The end."

They didn't ask about the fox and the bear after that...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Yep thats it the same story.. if i vary it though i get yelled at for changing it.. it doesnt go like that mum....
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

I suppose I could teach them some nifty limericks.

There once was a man from Nantucket...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

The best path would be to have THEM tell you the story - lots of laughs and they actually begin to develop story-telling skills.

nah my kids like hearing to the story for bedtime.. gives them nice dreams..if i got them to tell the story they would get an adrenilin rush an dnever go to sleep

My 9 year old shows considerable literary promise. She is also a big film buff, and Tim Burton is her favorite director. Pretty sure that Big Fish is the only Burton flick we don't own. In second grade, her class had to write a Halloween story about either a black cat, a spider, or a Jack-o-Lantern. This is the Bible Belt, so we don't suffer witches to live.

To get them started, the teacher provided a beginning for each choice. My child went with the spider story, and the opening provided was "I went to visit my Grandmother on Halloween. I knocked on the door. When it opened, there was the biggest spider I had ever seen!"

I was asked for some story ideas, and I suggested that the huge spider might be the new maid because she could do so many things at once. My daughter nodded, then went off and wrote the tale of "Spiderina the Devourerer" . Lots of puns, lots of devouring. Only the spider survived. We framed it.

Mayet, the actor you're groping for in Sweet Home is Josh Lucas. Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy) played the betrothed. Consulted the support group, two thumbs up both times.

way to go to your daughter.. tell her conrats from down under.. great storyline and great imagination.. Imagination = innocence

yeah Josh Lucas.. i have seen him in another movie where he was an agent or something.. ill have to go look on IMBD database..

*Edit Later * Poseidon
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0524197/

I just feel like I really want to be someone who literally disappears in the role. I want to be so strong as an actor that people wouldn't say [for example] 'Oh, that's Ben Affleck.' To me, that's just boring. It doesn't interest me. My goal is to always have the ability at hand where I can be really good, as opposed to, eh, that's Josh Lucas." Interview with Steve Head, September 24, 2002.

http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movie...ml?p_id=187022
    he was hot, strong, quiet, handsome, not gay looking, did i mention hot, and he was unobtainable.. that was the thing that made him hot, the way he played the unobtainableness. He is the sort of guy you can depend on, that is strong out in the bush but at home in the city, protective but loving, able to work with his hands but still be romantic .. ahh sigh the perfect guy.. thats why he did it so well... fantasy, the perfect guy that doesn't actually exist.. well not to my knowledge anyhows..

and funny enough.. patrick dempsey plays a nice brother role.. or maybe a good sicko psycho.. but he would be hopeless as the hero romantic lead.. cos he doesn't give off man genes....
    Last edited by Mayet; July 4th, 2007 at 12:49 AM.